Competitions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magbwa

Reaction score
I have a question about homebrew competitions. My first batch is still in primary so I'm really just asking out of general curiosity but I've been doing some research into rules for entering your beer into competition and I haven't seen anything that says it has to be an original recipe. Am I just not looking hard enough or is it common to enter recpies that aren't your own into competitons because as each individual has a slightly different process everyone's beer will be slightly different even if they are going off the same recipe?

Thanks,
Jason

You pretty much summed it up...some people enter original recipes, and some enter other people's (I've done both) a lot of it comes down to like you said, your skills as a brewer.

I try to give credit to the creator of the recipes if I enter it..or at least let them know.

I've seen one competition where everyone brewed the same recipe and I've seen them where it had to be your own recipe, but most of the time it doesn't matter.

Latest posts

Back