first all grain missed SG!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEDIETZ

Reaction score
first all grain missed SG!!! I tried for my first attempt a bee cave haus pale ale as many suggested.....as I said in a previous thread I originally missed my mash temp and had to add 2 qts to get to 150......after all was said and done I know have a SG of 1.044 where beer smith said I should have a 1.053....all is not lost is it?? any suggestions as to what went wrong....did the mash temp ruin me??? thanks for the help

It is hard to say... could have been the crush, how well you stirred the mash, your final volume, how much wort you collected....

Keg2- Oktoberfest
Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

My first AG was also Bee cave haus pale ale and my SG was about the same as yours and I can tell you that all is not lost. This is one of, if not the best beer I've made yet. If fact, last night I had the dreaded sound of a that last beer being pulled from the keg, less than 3 weeks after pulling the first pint.

Back