Did my beer sour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Christ

Reaction score
I'm kinda freaking out. I used a True Brew Kit for a Nut Brown Ale. Everything was great until I transferred it to my secondary carboy. About 2 days after that, bubbles appeared on the top. I smelled the air lock and it didn't smell like I expected it to. Hard to describe the smell, but it smelled almost like a house cleaner mixed with beer. Here are some pictures:
DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

Thank you. I just freaked out about the smell more than anything. But I'll take your word on. It is only my second batch. The first was a Blackberry Wheat that turned out great, and I feel as if that was just luck. But I might just be good at this after all. If you have any ideas for my next beer, I would appreciate it. I have two pounds of fresh Blueberries that I would like to put to use. Maybe a Sea Dog Blue Paw clone?

I agree that your beer is probably fine.

Oh, and here's a tip for posting pictures in threads. Try not to line them up side by side. It makes the thread really hard to read.

EDIT: I went ahead and edited your post so the photos are lined up vertically instead of horizontally.:mug:

Back