poopy weather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleb

Reaction score
The weather in the northeast is driving me bonkers. Its gonna be hot and humid tomorrow and probably friday too. We here in New England demand cold weather. pfft, my wife may have to put the darn AC on (the wife wants me to include here that she is 8 months pregnant). It is OCTOBER isn't it? The worst thing is when I'm at work and some ass hat says wow its a nice day out there. Thank the heavens next week looks better.

I'd like to wish you all cooler weather as I hope you do for me.

knights of Gambrinus said:
Yeah, it's a bit on the warm side.

You just need to move farther North :D

Believe me I've thought about it and still am.

My update on the weather is... crap. crapy. crap.

It was friggin 88 here today on the coast of CT. It broke the old record for OCT. 8 by 10 degrees. Thats a big jump on the record. Anyways how's the foliage going up there in VT? Down here the trees seem confused.

It was cloudless and 85º here this weekend. GORGEOUS weather, and the trees are giving us a real feast for the eyes with fiery reds and yellows. It's in the 70's today and dipping into the upper 50's at night. I had the windows open in my bedroom last night and didn't get cold or damp.

Kudo's to mother nature for the bang-up job bringing us into October.

joebou4860 said:
I have lived in both places and I will take NC summers over New England winters any day
I lived in both, and after 14 years in NC, we moved back to MA last summer. I have to say that the last two summers have been AWESOME up here, and with last winter being mild, I'm currently happier with the MA winters vs. NC summers.
But -- I do miss the NC winter mildness...

I ran 10k on my lunch break yesterday, and I was ruined! It's in the 90's in mid-october, and we haven't had a drop of rain to speak of for months. How miserable. We've had the AC on for about a week now. This is getting old. I'm ready for my IC water to be ice cold!

Evan! said:
I ran 10k on my lunch break yesterday, and I was ruined! It's in the 90's in mid-october, and we haven't had a drop of rain to speak of for months. How miserable. We've had the AC on for about a week now. This is getting old. I'm ready for my IC water to be ice cold!

Did you hear about the Chicago Marathon?

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/oct2007/2007-10-08-097.asp

And WTF is up with a lunch time 10k? Trying to make us feel like lazy slobs?

Cheesefood said:
Did you hear about the Chicago Marathon?

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/oct2007/2007-10-08-097.asp

And WTF is up with a lunch time 10k? Trying to make us feel like lazy slobs?

Yeah, I don't think I'll be running a marathon. Ever. They said like 170 people were hospitalized!

I'm training for my first race, a trail 10k on the 20th. I usually do a 5.3 mile loop, but for some dumb reason I chose a hot day to do a 6.2. Ugh. I was walking it by the end. No water (I dare not drink out of the creeks in this town) and 90f+. 10 minute miles on average. Crap!!!

doubleb said:
The weather in the northeast is driving me bonkers. Its gonna be hot and humid tomorrow and probably friday too. We here in New England demand cold weather. pfft, my wife may have to put the darn AC on (the wife wants me to include here that she is 8 months pregnant). It is OCTOBER isn't it? The worst thing is when I'm at work and some ass hat says wow its a nice day out there. Thank the heavens next week looks better.

I'd like to wish you all cooler weather as I hope you do for me.

I couldn't agree more. This just strengthens my case for moving up to VT. All I can say is, Wednesday night into Thursday can't come soon enough. C'mon cold front! :ban:

Soulive21 said:
I couldn't agree more. This just strengthens my case for moving up to VT. All I can say is, Wednesday night into Thursday can't come soon enough. C'mon cold front! :ban:

Yeah, go ahead. You'll by screwed when this happens...

laughing-smiley-007.gif

Soulive21 said:
Trapped inside with Jake Gyllenhaal?!? Nooooo :eek:

Get your iron undies on for that.

It's been the same here in OH too. 94 degrees on Sunday and 90 yesterday, but it's supposed to cool down to the mid 70's today and mid 60's by the end of the week.

I'm ready for winter. There were just too many 90+ days here this year. :eek:

Soulive21 said:
Trapped inside with Jake Gyllenhaal?!? Nooooo :eek:

I know...your worst nightmare...unable to control your urges...like a republican congressman stuck in an elevator with an altar boy. :D

Evan! said:
I know...your worst nightmare...unable to control your urges...like a republican congressman stuck in an elevator with an altar boy. :D

Yeah unable to control my urges to puke. I'd rather enjoy freezing to death outside :p

I was reading where the Chicago marathon was stopped last weekend due to the heat. I lived near Chicago for 13 years and I remember trick-or-treating in a snow suit one year and in shorts another. We are having nominal Oregon fall, cool and drizzly. Last month we saw 95F and freezing.

"We expect climate, what we get is weather."

Finally ghot a break in the N.E. weather today. Looks like a high of about 75 today and dropping towards mid 60's towards the end of the week!

FINALLY! I can put my time to good use.....

Brewing!

Zar said:
Oh no, it got up into the 80s. pfft. try running down here in florida when its 95 and so much humidity you stay hydrated just by breathing.

True, but you are prepared for that kind of heat and humidity.

Imagine what would happen if you guys got 6 inchs of snow? The whole f'in state would shut down until it went away!

It was in the mid 60's for a high today, same as it usually is. Pity us here in the PNW.

rpucci, it's not just Florida that can't deal with snow. In Portland it snows ONE time a year, and the city grinds to a halt until the snow is gone.

doubleb said:
Believe me I've thought about it and still am.

My update on the weather is... crap. crapy. crap.

It was friggin 88 here today on the coast of CT. It broke the old record for OCT. 8 by 10 degrees. Thats a big jump on the record. Anyways how's the foliage going up there in VT? Down here the trees seem confused.
Trees here confused as well. Almost no rain since May which is unusual for us - we get dry stretches but normally still get 3" a month. Leaves not even changing colors, just falling off the trees. Finally got out of the 90s today and I think we might actually not skip right to winter.

Some trees didn't even get leaves this year. We had some warm days in February that confused some trees into budding, then a hard freeze came and burnt them up. I lost a cherry tree this year and a lot of the pear trees grew leaves that were missing the top half where they burned off after the freeze.

Is the apocolypse coming? Waiting for locusts....

rpucci said:
True, but you are prepared for that kind of heat and humidity.

Imagine what would happen if you guys got 6 inchs of snow? The whole f'in state would shut down until it went away!

haha, yeah it would. In the winter here it usually only dips below 32 for a bit at night and that only happens a couple times. I remember one year where it stayed below 32 for a lot longer than normal and everyones exposed pipes froze up. cause its florida so you never see any insualtion on exposed pipes.

Back