Portable keg system build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourmash

Reaction score
For sometime I have wanted to build a portable keg system for 2 kegs. I say portable, but 2 kegs filled by themselves is over 80 pounds, so this thing all done was going to weigh 100+ pounds. The concept was to build a box that is holds water inside with a drain at the bottom and then insulate it. I first found a garbage can that fit 2 corneys side by side made by Rubbermaid. I then built a wooden box around it. The gap between the garbage can and the wooden box has been insulated with Great Stuff foam. The wood is 1/2 walnut with curly birch trim. I will post more pictures of the inside with I get them. I am still in the process of building a telescoping handle much like a suitcase would have. The tires are 10" pneumatic from Northern Equipment.
vdog1d.jpg

9sx7x2.jpg

hwz47q.jpg

xrihk.jpg

I built something almost identical to that only without the fancy wood. I love mine for partys and the dunes!

looks good I love the walnut!!

Looks great! There are plenty of rolling/portable kegerators around here, but I don't think any of them look nearly as nice as yours.

i like it! :rockin:... now how can i get all the parts and built in the next 5 days?

maybe for the next party it can be ready... once again HBTers have inspired me to spend more money and build something else lol :mug:

Back