The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
god i love beer

B7fDD5mIQAE4SWw.jpg

The Spousal Unit and I hit a new brewpub today - Medusa - over in Hudson.
Not much to look at from the outside - but that's a common characteristic in Hudson, tbh.
medsua_front.jpg

Had a great time talking with a couple of the investors and enjoying a few flights of their offerings.
Got a tour of the brewery ops, along with the primary brewing vessels I saw 16 bright tanks 150g and larger.
Lots of SS bling, I shouldda worn shades ;)

Had 5oz of everything they had on tap and didn't taste a mediocre brew.
medusa_taplist.jpg

There were a few that I'd do differently - either different yeast or different hop schedule, personal preferences and all that - but still they were all quite good.

I have no idea if they'll be successful - they don't serve food (aside from pretzels) which could be a handicap.
But I can see dropping in there from time to time on the way to a sit-down meal somewhere else.

Picked up one of their 16 oz snifters just on GPs.
My refectory ale tastes just fine in it...
medusa_snifter.jpg

Cheers!

I still haven't visited that place. It's closed Mon & Tues. From what the website states: you can bring in or have food delivered there. There's a good cheese steak place just a block down the street to bring something in.

There are quite a few decent eateries within walking range and hopefully that will work for the brewery.
And the pretzels are actually pretty good :)

The backers we met were pretty cool folks, too.
I like having it nearby and hope it works out...

Cheers! :mug:

I still haven't visited that place. It's closed Mon & Tues. From what the website states: you can bring in or have food delivered there. There's a good cheese steak place just a block down the street to bring something in.

On the pricier end, Rail Trail Flatbread is just down the street, and there's always a long wait to get in there when we've tried to go. So last time we went (on a Friday night) we ordered take out, went and found our first beer and a table in Medusa, then the wife walked back up the street to pick up the pizza. There's also a regular kind of pizza takeout place right next door. There's a lounge in Medusa with darts as well.

Being both English and a Pratchett fan, I had to have the Sir Terry mild. Unfortunately they have to serve it at the same temperature and carbonation as the other beers, which is too cold and fizzy for mild, so I had to wait a bit for it to warm up. All of the beers I tried were good though.

On the pricier end, Rail Trail Flatbread is just down the street, and there's always a long wait to get in there when we've tried to go. So last time we went (on a Friday night) we ordered take out, went and found our first beer and a table in Medusa, then the wife walked back up the street to pick up the pizza. There's also a regular kind of pizza takeout place right next door. There's a lounge in Medusa with darts as well.

Being both English and a Pratchett fan, I had to have the Sir Terry mild. Unfortunately they have to serve it at the same temperature and carbonation as the other beers, which is too cold and fizzy for mild, so I had to wait a bit for it to warm up. All of the beers I tried were good though.

You can also slum it and hit Armsby Abbey. Medusa gets on their tap list plus they serve other incredible beers.

BTW I'm joking about slumming it. Not with that tap list

Well. That's a damn good way to ensure it doesn't die.

And now back to our regularly scheduled boredom.

But, wait - Dako-dah - please commit to brew, and then make sure you get expensive tix to another opera - you were ahhwsome last year as the sweatin' headless chicken brewer.

Exhausting, but ahhwsome nuntheless....

Well. That's a damn good way to ensure it doesn't die.

And now back to our regularly scheduled boredom.

But, wait - Dako-dah - please commit to brew, and then make sure you get expensive tix to another opera - you were ahhwsome last year as the sweatin' headless chicken brewer.

Exhausting, but ahhwsome nuntheless....

I've never seen a man sweat so much in fifty degree weather.

I doubt I'll be there, brewing this summer hasn't happened. My system is in the garage collecting dust at the moment. I really thought I'd win this year... Guess it'll have to go to rookie!

Back