What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A-New-Year-A-New-Me.png

Water.

More coffee...SWMBO will probably work late, but was less grumpy by the time she left for work. Thanks for the kind words about my aunt. Unfortunately, they are stopping treatment, trying to make her comfortable and trying to get her into a room on the hospice floor. I wish I had been to visit more recently.

That sucks, man. All the best to you and family. I've had a family member do the whole hospice thing and it sucks when I think about it.

Yeah, stovetop takes forever but it is a lot warmer in here than it would be out there with the propane.

It recently occurred to me that I cannot much use my leaky counter flow chiller when it is zero degrees outside. Hope this pot fits in the sink for an ice bath.

Makes sense. I'd rather it take more time and brew inside where it's warm than to freeze outside. Living in Texas, I don't have to make that decision, though. :D

Texans, is the Whataburger pepper ranch whatever sold in stores?

No clue. Haven't looked for it. I'm no help.

Wort is chilling in the sink. Drinking water. Time to go out to dinner with my parents and sister and her fam. Remmyed enough that I don't care if the chef bucknuts. Good thing I am already the black sheep.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420670286.420477.jpgwhile getting the plants,pipes,and pets ready for the 'arctic blast 2015'. It's suppose to reach 30* for like 18hrs. Oh the humanity, good thing we southerners are a hardy stock.
@patrick can't you just sit the kettle outside and flash freeze it?
@hello I'll look tomorrow when I'm at the grocery store I just go to whataburger to get my fix never occurred to me to buy it in quaintly

And my Aunt is gone. Godspeed and I'll toast her later. Thanks for the support:)
I'll probably be making a trek to Louisville in the Spring, for a memorial service. Maybe I'll find a bourbon barrel something or other while I'm there.

Dinner + orange juice.

Just ordered all of the hardware I need to build my fridge into a kegerator. Faucets, shanks, etc. Can't wait until it arrives - hopefully this weekend.

Thinking I may need a beer tonight to celebrate.

Horny Goat Tango Delta Tangerine IPA that I got as part of an eMAW from @Hello today. Really nice beer, though it's difficult to tell how much of the fruitiness is from the tangerine juice and how much is from the hops.

And my Aunt is gone. Godspeed and I'll toast her later. Thanks for the support:)
I'll probably be making a trek to Louisville in the Spring, for a memorial service. Maybe I'll find a bourbon barrel something or other while I'm there.

My condolences.

Sorry to hear man. One day ill be in the same boat as my family ages

Water, probably coffee soon. I realized yesterday evening that my sickness was actually not the flu and was instead food poisoning. The couple I want to dinner with New Years Day both got sick the next morning after both ordering steak, I didnt get sick the next day or order steak, but I did have a piece of it. I ended up getting sick about 36 hours after they did but had the exact same symptoms and sickness time frame that they both had. I just found out yesterday she had gone to the doctor and was diagnosed with food poisoning. :eek: At least I cant get anyone else sick. You dont have to worry now @ChefRex , no need to wear a mask to open your box on Friday.

So since I wasnt technically "ill", I ended up staying up till three this morning playing poker at the neighbors but I ended up winning a lot. Second straight game Ive cleaned them all out within a week. Not sure they will want to play with me anymore. One guy was not too happy after buying in 5 times, losing it all, and I only bought in once and took everything. Oops, haha. :D

Not sure which is worse but I should be safer, yours should be there Friday also.

Coke with leftover lasagna and more birthday cake.
I hear you were eating cake but missed it was your birthday, so Happy Muther Flocking Birthday!:mug:
Yea,yea;)

My condolences, But if it's any comfort it wasn't drawn out and is easier on the living.

Almost forgot, breakfast stout, kicked three kegs yesterday and tonight, need to get my ass in gear.

IMG_5534.jpg

Condolences to you and your family.

@mattmille

Sorry to hear about your aunt, my condolences.

Water while trying to figure out what to eat.

Sorry to hear that brother. I'll lift a glass for you and your family tonight.

Et tu wyo?

Almost done with my bar. Next will get my new keezer going.

Pilsen in the wind

Indeed. The only thing about painting is the beer. Unfortunately drinking while painting is a lot like drinking while bowling. You get really good for a brief moment, then it all goes to hell after that.

Indeed. The only thing about painting is the beer. Unfortunately drinking while painting is a lot like drinking while bowling. You get really good for a brief moment, then it all goes to hell after that.

So true so so true. I turn into Ernie McCracken for about 5 or 6 frames. If painting I'm good for about two doors or one wall of cutting in

View attachment 247194while getting the plants,pipes,and pets ready for the 'arctic blast 2015'. It's suppose to reach 30* for like 18hrs. Oh the humanity, good thing we southerners are a hardy stock.
@patrick can't you just sit the kettle outside and flash freeze it?
@hello I'll look tomorrow when I'm at the grocery store I just go to whataburger to get my fix never occurred to me to buy it in quaintly

My concern with that was having the sight glass freeze and shatter long before the rest of it was chilled.

Drinking nothing. Waitress brought everyone but me a drink. Half an hour ago.

Latest posts

Back