• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

on CL: Brewing equipment Beer Groen 30 gallon steam kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And let's remember, this is on CL and states OBO and "Will entertain trade offers... All must go!"
If its something you'd press into servise if you landed it and your local it talk to them you never know their situation...

But that is Craigslist not a restaurant supplier! I have two in my shop that were cheaper then the ad I am going to link:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-business-industrial-steam-kettle-W0QQAdIdZ231311629

I wish I lived closer. I would buy all three and forget that they were steam kettles, have a coupler or two welded in the side and fill the jacket with high temperature expanding foam. They would make a great insulated mash tun or electric boil kettle or hot liquor tank. They have got to be alot cheaper than comparibly priced Blichmanns and because they tilt it would be super easy to dump the grains if used as a MLT. They would make a nice brewery with no stand needed.

Great idea, I never thought of filling with foam. I Have been playing with the idea of popping a element through the side of one but the double wall scares me.

the person doesn't reply to CL info request. I live in area and do know the price of restaurant equipment. The guy is 50% or more higher than some. And I wouldn't stick anything in the sleeve. You could pull soem vacuum and cap it and have good insulation by vacuum, and add some external insulation and you are good that way too. But I wonder why so high priced?

the person doesn't reply to CL info request. I live in area and do know the price of restaurant equipment. The guy is 50% or more higher than some. And I wouldn't stick anything in the sleeve. You could pull soem vacuum and cap it and have good insulation by vacuum, and add some external insulation and you are good that way too. But I wonder why so high priced?

Ironic that you want to comment on something being priced too high and no one called you a jackazz sleeze.

Yea, bobby_m; way to zing him.
My brew club has our own on going watch and commentary (on our club board) on this guys posting on NYC C.L.: $90 for a well worn aluminum kettle and a cooler… an expired 20 Lb. co2 tank w/ a regulator that may or may not work for $130…The now closed thread for the “brew stand” had us in stitches.

Hoping to get one of your well made, high quality, appropriately priced weldless sight/thermometer for x-mass this year.
-r4b

Grr, went to find that link for the Kijiji 250 kettle to get it (SWMBO finally caved) and it is gone. Somebody here score that beast?

Back