Potomac Highlands

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great, mellow time! For the record though, it's not an open event--you have to be invited or come with someone who is. Basically just a nice camping spot on private property. The contest itself is very informal, and not a BJCP thing at all--no style categories, no fees, no scoresheets, etc... the judges just pick their favorite entry after a few rounds of eliminations. Folks know what they're talking about though, there are BJCP-trained folks there. And usually lots of wonderful beer too, of course. :tank:

Yeah, my fiancee's friend's dad helps run the event, so that's how I got invited to go- wasn't aware it was a closed event.

Im looking forward to it - meeting people, drinking beer etc. Only brought one entry, but seeings as its my 1st contest, as long as they don't spit out my beer, Ill consider it a success :p

That's the spirit! I enter every time just so they have some fodder to eliminate, but I think I might have a dog or two in the hunt this year. :rockin: If you see a camp site with a chessboard, stop by and say hey--I'll fill your glass. Which reminds me--bring a glass when you walk around, and a beer of your own to share too... buttering up the judges beforehand is part of the fun. :D

Latest posts

Back