bottle cans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerthirty

big beers turn my gears
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have wanted some of those bottle cans for awhile but would rather buy water than Bud. Today I was at Walmart and at the register coolers the had Mountain Dew in 16 oz bottle cans. I grabbed two so I could check cap size. They were on sale for .75 ea., normally $1.50 ea. Needless to say I bought a case($18). Just thought I would let everyone know about them before they're all gone. They are the right cap size. At this price I think they are trying to clear them out.

I drank 2 cases of Mountain Dew for the Aluminum Cans.
Problem I have is I refuse to bottle Home Brew in those ridiculous Modern art bottles. so until I make friends with a sand blaster, They sit in the basement.

if you have an air compresser, HF has a $30 portable sandblaster. Or you can get an air blower with a velocity stack and run the velocity stack through a small bottle of sand. the holes in the velocity stack will pick up the sand(especially if you shake it a little when using) its ghetto but it works.

As long as your using a bench capper, I don't see why not. I unfortunately only have a crappy wing capper, not good for threaded bottles.

Back