Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a joke. I think he was offering some sour hill farmstead. Also, when someone says they can grant a wish, they just wait for confirmation from you. So, pm them with address and confirmation, and then they can post their list.

Actually I offered sour hillshire farms sausage. And yes, it was a joke, hence the big grin.

Stole a few ideas from earlier in the thread:

Allagash - any cool ship
Hill Farmstead - any but prefer sour
Russian River - beatification
Cigar City - hunaphu (prefer BA)
Firestone - 13 or 14 anniversary
Westvleteren 8 or 12

Russian River Framboise for a Cure
The Bruery Sans Pagaie
The Bruery Chocolate Rain
Surly Pentagram
Surly Five
Jester King - anything funky or sour
Lawson's Finest Liquids- anything funky, sour, or barrel
NEBCO Imperial Stout Trooper

Overdue for a bump!

I haven't received any PMs from anyone so I'm not aware of a fulfillment request. I think the closest we got was someone who said they'd send some sour sausage but I'm guessing that was a joke as no such beer exists.

I'll make you a sour beer brewed with some HF sausage if you'll consider it a wish fulfilled. :) May take 8-16 months to receive the keg though....

Originally Posted by DrPhunk

Allagash - any cool ship
Westvleteren 8 or 12

The Bruery Sans Pagaie
Surly Pentagram
Surly Five

50/50 Eclipse - preferable Elijah Craig
3F - Baller Stout
Pelican - Mother of all storms
Bruery - any BA (except standard Bois)
Bruery - mother funker
Cantillon - any except regular or organic gueze or Rosé de Gambrinus
Hair of the Dog - any BA
Captain Lawrence - any sour

Edited to add some more since that hasn't gotten any action. I mailed out Javier's package today and there were a few things in there that were difficult to part with so I'm hoping it will come back around. Or I at least get to try some new & tasty treats!

I mailed out Javier's package today and there were a few things in there that were difficult to part with so I'm hoping it will come back around. Or I at least get to try some new & tasty treats!

I am extremely anxious! I really appreciate you sending what you did. I don't know what they are, but I sure do hope that good beer karma comes around soon!

Allagash - any cool ship
Westvleteren 8 or 12

The Bruery Sans Pagaie
Surly Pentagram
Surly Five

3F - Baller Stout
Bruery - mother funker
Hair of the Dog - any BA

Edited to add some more since that hasn't gotten any action. I mailed out Javier's package today and there were a few things in there that were difficult to part with so I'm hoping it will come back around. Or I at least get to try some new & tasty treats!

Bump for the good Dr. .
Come on people this is a easy list!!

I would grant this, but a baby on the way so no tradin/wishes for a while(unless I get a good offer on my chocolate rains lol) just stockpiling my ammo these days. .

Bump for the good Dr. .
Come on people this is a easy list!!

I would grant this, but a baby on the way so no tradin/wishes for a while(unless I get a good offer on my chocolate rains lol) just stockpiling my ammo these days. .

Always good to hear from you here. Congrats. on the baby!
I have a feeling a genie will step up soon, and grant this wish!

DrPhunk said:

Allagash - any cool ship
Westvleteren 8 or 12

The Bruery Sans Pagaie
Surly Pentagram
Surly Five

3F - Baller Stout
Bruery - mother funker
Hair of the Dog - any BA

Anyone?

Just sayin...

[ame]http://youtu.be/uhiCFdWeQfA[/ame]

did I kill this thread?

nobody has told me that my request is too far out there, there's just no discussion at all :(

did I kill this thread?

nobody has told me that my request is too far out there, there's just no discussion at all :(

Patience. A couple weeks ago and I would have taken this one. Drank my last Hops n Roses though, leaving me with one on the list.

I did just see MrNickVT posting 2 from your list for trade tho...Let's see if he makes an appearance.

Having the beers isn't the issue for some people. Its giving them up that hurts. I have three from this list, but two are for someone special. Plus, i just did one.

Its giving them up that hurts. I have three from this list, but two are for someone special.

I may be out of line here, but are we losing the spirit of generosity here? Alot of us have given beers that we wouldn't have even traded. And he even admitted to sending some that were difficult to let go. Shouldn't that speak for itself? If money and shipping is the issue, by all means, don't feel obligated. But if you're sitting around looking for "an easy list of beers", because you don't want to give something away, maybe you aren't here for the right reason. Don't be offended, this wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Carry on!

Javier25 said:
I may be out of line here, but are we losing the spirit of generosity here? Alot of us have given beers that we wouldn't have even traded. And he even admitted to sending some that were difficult to let go. Shouldn't that speak for itself? If money and shipping is the issue, by all means, don't feel obligated. But if you're sitting around looking for "an easy list of beers", because you don't want to give something away, maybe you aren't here for the right reason. Don't be offended, this wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Carry on!

Nice message. I agree.

Having certainly doesn't obligate giving.

But participation in this thread presumes generosity/ paying it forward.

Generosity by my definition means giving without the expectation of receiving anything directly in return.

Paying it forward means trusting that what you put out into the universe will come back to you and then some.

If everyone reading this thread were to operate by those principles, we all would win.

I have been following this thread since it's beginning and absolutely loved what was going on here and couldn't wait to jump in and be a part of it. So let's keep things moving along and if I need to add some gas station beers to my list just to allow this to keep progressing then I will. I'm just feeling bad that things slowed down so much after it had picked up so much momentum. It's why I decided to grant Javier's request so that we could move on and allow the next round to happen.

I have been following this thread since it's beginning and absolutely loved what was going on here and couldn't wait to jump in and be a part of it. So let's keep things moving along and if I need to add some gas station beers to my list just to allow this to keep progressing then I will. I'm just feeling bad that things slowed down so much after it had picked up so much momentum. It's why I decided to grant Javier's request so that we could move on and allow the next round to happen.

Please don't. Give it another day or two and I'm sure someone will step up. You just sacrificed a couple of beers you were very hesitant/reluctant to give up. Don't sell yourself short now that it is your turn!

mcbaumannerb said:
please don't. Give it another day or two and i'm sure someone will step up. You just sacrificed a couple of beers you were very hesitant/reluctant to give up. Don't sell yourself short now that it is your turn!

+1

Synaster said:
Can I get in on this or do I not have enough posts? I have a few trade references if that helps.

100 posts is the bottom limit. Been that way from the start. Pretty sure that wont change either. You could check with KeyWest, but I doubt it.

BGBC said:
Patience. A couple weeks ago and I would have taken this one. Drank my last Hops n Roses though, leaving me with one on the list.

I did just see MrNickVT posting 2 from your list for trade tho...Let's see if he makes an appearance.

I don't understand are you calling me out? This kind of post irritates me! I've granted at least one before have you?

I still feel like someone should be able to grant a wish if they have less than 100 posts. I had the idea to have a couple of people vouche for the person who didnt have 100 posts. Keywest, can you consider this idea? Or maybe explain why the rule is so concrete?

Guys lets keep things civil. If you want to discuss other stuff please do so PM.

DrPhunk your list is fine. This type of thread ebbs and flows. Adding to your list is never discouraged but don't worry about giving it some time. The right set of eyes will see it and you'll get hooked up.

This is the second thread hes posted to letting you know that you can fulfill the MAW. I dont get the logic there.

Ok, pump the brakes, I didn't mean to offend anyone and not trying to call anyone out. This is also now the second thread in which I'm apologizing for any misunderstanding. Plus already sent a PM to MrNickVT earlier.

Just going to go back to quietly monitoring for a MAW I can fulfill <slowly backs away>...

Allagash - any cool ship
Westvleteren 8 or 12

The Bruery Sans Pagaie
Surly Pentagram
Surly Five

3F - Baller Stout
Bruery - mother funker
Hair of the Dog - any BA

Bump.

Back