Adding a weldless valve to aluminum kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova5

Reaction score
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=12795

I received no instructions for how to install this but used the pattern from the Brewometer I also purchased on the same order..

My installation is like this (outside – In)

Valve Body, Washer, O-ring, Kettle Wall(7/8” hole from a step drill), Washer, Bushing.

I have a leak between the Valve Body and the washer contacting it. I had to replace the Teflon tape on the bushing, it was insufficient. 1 wrap just didn’t work. I tried hand tight to wrench tight.

--

Above is a copy of the email i kicked off to AHS, figured you guys here might beat their response time due to the late hour.

Sorry, didn't pick that the leak continued after additional wraps.

Guess I could have worded it better.. reading it, it makes it look like I replaced what they had with a single wrap then determined failure. Not so.. replaced their single wrap with a 5 wrap and so far it fails to hold. it has (or had) about 8 gallons in the 10.5 gallon kettle. the thermo has No leaks.

Back