Best summer beer recipe needed......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew

Reaction score
I want to make a good summer brew that everyone will be impressed with.....what would everyone suggest?

I have only done extract brews but am open to a patial.....do not have the equipment for an all grain

I'd suggest something simple like an American Pale Ale or a Cream Ale. If you brew kits, check out Northern Brewer's versions of these styles.

2 lbs homegrown hops
1 lb honey
9 lbs pale 2 row.
;)

I really like honey in a mild, pale IPA.(since IPA's come in other colors now ;))

I'm starting a blonde ale tonight, wanted to go with something lite for camping and the lake...also, I plan to throw in a hint of strawberry for the ladies. Nothing beats bikini babes on the party barge drinkin' on your homebrew! Maybe a strawberry blonde ale?:tank:

Making that exact same thing right now. Plan to throw in about 5lbs of strawberries in the secondary. Hoping it turns out well. And its for SWMBO, so I guess it better be good, or else...

It really is subjective with your tastes. Do you like IPAs, or Wheats, or whatever sounds good? Anything you brew now will be ready to go mid-summer. Keep that in mind. I have a raspberry wheat and a Sunset Wheat clone that I'm bottling next week. After that comes a Graff. Just browse the recipe section and find something that sounds good. Personally, I try to stay away from the heavier beers in the warmer months. A nice, thick stout on a steaming summer day isn't as appealing to me as a crisp IPA. That's just me. You may be the opposite... Go with what sounds good.

For me, nothing says summer like a hefeweizen or a nice sour ale. Hell.. combine them! Berliner weissbier :)

Back