Looking for yeast cultures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atticmonkey

Reaction score
Hey guys,
The brewclub I belong too is trying to develop a yeast bank for our members to use and hopefully be another way to cut some of the cost of brewing. Just curious if anybody had any yeast cultures they would be interested in donateing or selling? We would be willing to pay for shipping cost and can either pay for the slant container or send it back to the owner. We also have some cultures we could trade. Here is a list on our website of what we have http://thebeerbunker.com/mash/page.php?5 So if anybody is interested just let me know either through pm or here one this tread. Thanks.
Jason

After the holidays I'd be willing to make some trades.

I already have some of the strains you have listed in your bank, but have some others that are not

Thanks Bokonon, Ill get in touch with you sometime next month to get the details worked out. You dont have pacman yeast by chance? Several club members were wanting to try out that yeast.

Thanks Bokonon, Ill get in touch with you sometime next month to get the details worked out. You dont have pacman yeast by chance? Several club members were wanting to try out that yeast.

Nope don't have that one yet, though I did just see that its going to be one of the seasonal yeasts next month.

My bank is pretty small too, but I have WLP400 and WY1764 (Pacman) banked up. Get with me after the holidays, and I'd be only too happy to inoculate a couple of slants each for you.

I suggest you send me slants and whatever your shipping cost was, and I'll noc them for you and resend, no extra charges. Winter's probably the best time for this, as slants sometimes get overcooked in the summer.

I've got about 2 dozen strains on slants as well, including pacman, let me know if you want any, I'll streak from out for you if you'd like.

JDS and Professor Frink,
Sounds great! I will get in touch with everyone sometime after new years to work out the details of everything. Right now im thinking JDS's idea of sending the blank slants with return postage and just haveing them innoculated with the desired yeast. And if we want to trade yeast you can just include a blank slant when you send the innoculated slants back and we can innoculate it and send it back. It will be like yeasty pen pals.

Back