Expired or just aged? Goose Island Matilda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacks

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought my first 4 pack of Matilda from Goose Island. I just realized that it was bottled back in July of 2012, is this something I should worry about or do they age it? Doesn't make sense that they would age it in the bottle. Should I return it?

Derp... nevermind, just read on the back of the label it's got a 5 year shelf life.

yeah matilda is a wild brett strain so they can say it has a long shelf life. I have 2 in my collection that are aging cause I thought it wasn't very good off the shelf : p

I feel like it has changed a bit in the past year or two, not as good as it once was. Anyone else notice a difference (outside of what would be expected with a beer like this)? Had one last week and it was a bit lackluster.

I feel like it has changed a bit in the past year or two, not as good as it once was. Anyone else notice a difference (outside of what would be expected with a beer like this)? Had one last week and it was a bit lackluster.
I love Matilda but the last one I had was just ok. Maybe not aged enough or possible just due to a different vintage of ingredients, like wine can be depending on the growing year

Latest posts

Back