Kegging instead of bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactus

Reaction score
HAs anyone just gone straight to kegging and just didnt bother bottling? I got the spare fridge, so I was thinking whenI bought the kit just get the one with the keg set-up instead of bottles. Thank you for any advice.

If you have the stuff go for it. Bottling is good for giving beer away and you should have some bottles on hand just in case but kegging a ton faster and easier

Kegging is great and I am sure others have gone to kegs right away. I waited a year or so just to make sure I was going to stick with brewing before investing in the equipment.

Brewed my 1st batch 3 weeks ago and it's sitting in a keg as I type this. I had my kegerator built before I purchased any brewing equipment.

You guys are forgetting something here though, bottling does generally produce a 'cleaner' and hoppier beer. A beer bottled from the same FV as a keg full of the stuff and aged similarly will always have a slightly better taste to it. With kegging some of the hoppiness and flavours do diminish over time.

That said, I keg everything for simplicity and have no complaints from the judges (my dad and friends usually) but if you're going in for beer competitions or perfection, it's the bottle conditioned that will always win.

I went straight to kegging. I've bottled a few "homebrew" products before but my first official batch of beer (all grain at that) went into a keg and will be on tap for my octoberfest party later today.

So I think this is pointing me in the direction I want to go and tha is kegging. Thanks for all your responses:mug:

Back