WTF is this monster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you look closely at the control panel it says "BioJect" not biojet. a quick search pulls up this http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-105617679.html the contact she gives is Bill Pensegrau who works for International Pest & Vegetation Management . On their Industry Links page is a link for "Turf Labs" http://www.ipvm.net/industry_links.html; the new apparent owner of the entire BioJect product line. From there who the heck knows whats going on. One thing is for sure, the lady on the motorcycle (see photobucket) is definately trouble. :confused:

pickles said:
One thing is for sure, the lady on the motorcycle (see photobucket) is definately trouble. :confused:

^^lol

this is sooo sketchy, i cant believe all the crap everyone on this site dug up on this stuff, lol

The conversation ended back in March. These things were made to ferment a strain of bacteria that was then injected into irrigation systems of golf courses and some ag applications such as potatoes to prevent and or control certian diseases. I would love to know if anyone has been able to convert to brew. It can be used to process used fryer oil to fuel for diesel with modification.

Well,

Interesting reading on this forum. Found my name smeared all over the place after a friend of mine said, "did you know people were talking about you on a beer brewing forum"? Do you honestly think that I would leave my name, address, and phone number available for the general public if this was all a scam?

So to clear the air..................
This is a legitimate 32 year old, muti-million dollar business (Hocking International Laboratories, Inc.) located in Vista, California with an additional warehouse in Glen Rock, PA. There were over 300 of these BioJet machines and some are still in action. They were designed for fermenting non-pathogenic, bio-chemical solutions for agricultural applications and pharmaceutical manufacturing.

I originally put the BioJet (a.k.a. - Beer Brewing Machine) on my Ebay site to help sell the item. A 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse had been housing these units for 10 years and it was time to sell the BioJets and downsize the warehouse. Then the company decided to disassemble them because they were too large and heavy to ship as a single unit. Now they are being sold as individual parts on Ebay (username: hocking2121). Search for "35 gallon stainless steel tank", "Laing Pump", "Magnetek Pump", "Micropump", etc. The tank is being sold with a heating element and most are being purchased to produce biodiesel. I did have one gentleman from West Virgina purchase 10 tanks to brew beer. You'll also find over 100 "Feedbacks" from happy Ebay customers.

I am the person in charge of listing all Ebay and Craigslist ads. I live 90 miles away from the Vista office so many of the tasks are delegated to the employees in Vista. If you'd personally like to see the items, you can call (760) 471-9306 and set up an appointment.

It would be nice if people would make contact with another human being before bashing a person's integrity and deciding if it's a scam or not.

The truth will set you free................so will riding a motorcycle.

Sincerely,
Paula Vidad

PS - At least one person researched - DougJohanningsmeier

This thread has been dead for a while but just to clear things up. I own two of these tanks (Just the tanks). There are legit. And a quite a buy if you can find them cheap. Picked mine up for $150 a piece.

Picked up in South Lyon MI.

Units all contain:
1 Inlet pressure regulator
2 Water Filters
3 UV water teatment units to kill micros in water
4 electric circulation valves
5 Recirculation punp
6 Heat exchanger
7 Heater and chiller for fermentation tank
8 Coolent pump
9 Air compressor with microbe filters to aid fermentation
10 small refrigerator
11 Injection pump high pressure
12 Acid pump for cleaning

What are they? It was a progrmmable field bioreactor used for the application of microorganisms for bioaugmentation. It was designed to automatically brew ,disspence clean itself. Can they be used in brewing beer? Some parts for sure. As a stand alone brew machine...depends on your ability to modify and fabricate.

Back