weird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
A few of my bottles have sediment stuck around the necks, it looke like yeast. When I rotate the bottle with my finger the sediment falls to the bottles. I tried on e of them and it did not have an off taste, but I am worried about giving tthem to people, has this happened to anyone? Is this a sign of of contamination?

hopsalot said:
A few of my bottles have sediment stuck around the necks, it looke like yeast. When I rotate the bottle with my finger the sediment falls to the bottles. I tried on e of them and it did not have an off taste, but I am worried about giving tthem to people, has this happened to anyone? Is this a sign of of contamination?

I read something about it here in the last couple of weeks...try using search.

Try "Krausen in bottles" maybe...

That's what it sounds like you got...a little tiny krausen.

Yeast go through the same phases in the bottle as they do primary fermentation.

What was your gravity?
Perhaps you bottled too early and you had more fermentables that you should have.

TexLaw said:
That's exactly what it is. It should settle in time, or you can give it a little shake to bring it down.

TL

Ageed. I have had this happen to me a couple of times with no ill effects to the beer.

Oh great...another krauzen I'll want to watch in action...Am I going to have to put a webcam inside one of my cases of bottles?

Are we suddenly going to have a bunch of youtube videos of teeny tiny bottle Krausen's?

What music would you edit them to?

:D

olllllo said:
Perhaps you bottled too early and you had more fermentables that you should have.

Either that, or as I have seen if you have a high amount of priming...like in a Hefe I seem to see this.

No worries, all should be well. I'd say just to test one in a week after bottling to make sure your carbonation isn't going through the roof.

awesome, I wasnt that worried especially after I didnt drop dead after trying one.:mug:

Back