brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it would....just barely.Or maybe not.I push the envelope too by squeezing 12g batches out of our keggle(15.5 gal).I boil 14 gals and fight the boil over tendency.You'd want to boil 12gals leaving probly an inch of freeboard.Give it a shot and report back with the gory details.It's gonna be close.
Cheers:mug:

I don't have any experience with 10g batches, however 30 quarts is a pretty tight fit for a 5-gallon batch, so I would think 50 quarts would be REALLY tight for a batch twice the size...

However, I think you'd have quite a bit better luck if you tried foam control drops. I did a 5-gal batch which had like less than 2 inches of headspace pre-boil in the 30qt pot and it didn't even threaten to boil over, thanks to that stuff.

i meant to say "would this pot work for 10 gal setup" not batch sorry. i'm in the middle of converting 2 kegs to keggls right know. would the pot work for mash or for hot water. or should i find another keg to converting.

It would probably work OK for a hot liquor tank. Of my three vessels, my HLT generally has the least in it.

I agree with the other posters. Too small for the boil kettle, but fine for the HLT, or MLT if you want to direct fire it.

Back