Dead Guy Ale clone GONE!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splat

Reaction score
Hey all,

just a quick story for all you beginners out there. Ive made a few batches of extract brew, and my last finished batch was 5 gallons of Dead Guy Ale. I had a few glasses after I put it in the keg, and last night we had a party with about 40-50 people over. They LOVED the Dead Guy, and we drank all 5 gallons. Eveyone was blown away that I MADE that. They asked tons of quesitons about the brewing process, and when I told them Ive only been at it for 2 months, and they could not believe it. They figured as good as it was I had been at it for years, and that they have had other peoples home brew that sucked....Pretty cool....

I've only been at it for a few months myself and everyone seems to love the stuff I make. It's a good feeling and makes me want to keep at it!

I had similar luck, because I think I was really cautious about cleaning/sanitizing cycle ... and people were amazed, but they are still amazed, now that I have gone to AG..I am amazed myself at the difference.

BTW - Do you have the recipe for the Dead Guy clone?

kappclark said:
I had similar luck, because I think I was really cautious about cleaning/sanitizing cycle ... and people were amazed, but they are still amazed, now that I have gone to AG..I am amazed myself at the difference.

BTW - Do you have the recipe for the Dead Guy clone?

Congratulations. And as new brewer (and an extract brewer), I would love to see the recipe!

Here is the Recipe I used...Good luck with it :)

Dead Guy Ale Clone-

13oz. Cara-Munich Malt
13oz. Munich Malt
7oz. Crystal Malt(40L)
4lbs LME Pale
4lbs LME Amber
1 oz. Perle Hops(60 minutes)
1/2 oz Pearle Hops(15 minutes)
1/2 oz. Saaz Hops(15 minutes)
1 Tsp. Irish Moss (30 minutes)
2 tsp. Gypsum(30 minutes)
California Ale Yeast