best wireless meat thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnoodle

Reaction score
I have been looking on Amazon and looking at customer reviews. I haven't found a wireless thermometer that really stood out as the best. Just wondering what everyone here is using.

Love my Maverick ET732. I also like that you can get replacement probes for when you end up dunking your in water and ruining it.

How do the probes hold up on these? I've tried a couple of different models and I've gotten really discouraged. The probes just stop working after a few times. They aren't cheap to replace either.

b-boy said:
How do the probes hold up on these? I've tried a couple of different models and I've gotten really discouraged. The probes just stop working after a few times. They aren't cheap to replace either.

I've been using mine for almost a year now, probes still going strong.

If you keep the connection point where the cable enters the stainless probe dry, they last for a long time. I think the probes may also have an upper temp limit that can damage them, but I don't remember off hand what that is for the Maverick. The upper temp limit is probably more of a problem on a direct cooking BBQ grill than in a smoker just due to the higher direct fire temps.

I have been using an older version of the Maverick in my kitchen roughly 4-5 times per week for the past 4-5 years. Only had to replace the probe one time in the first year, and that was my fault for washing it wrong (soaked it to get some crud off before I knew to keep the connection dry).

Anniversary is coming up, hoping the wife got the hints I have been giving her.

Back