How to attach wort chiller to all in one faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyleslattery

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a faucet that doubles as a sprayer, and I'm trying to figure out a way to connect it to my wort chiller, which has garden hose fittings.

Here's what the faucet looks like:

eBPHe.jpg

I'm able to remove the faucet head pretty easily, so my hope is I can rig something up to connect to this:

okSqm.jpg

The end is about 3/4" in diameter. Any thoughts on how I might accomplish this?

It may be easier to just install a flow valve on the cold water line under the sink with a standard hose adapter on one end and run a short piece of garden hose from that to your chiller. That way you don't have to take your faucet apart every time you brew.

Hm, interesting, didn't even think about that, that definitely sounds like a better way to do it. What exactly should I be looking for? I've never done anything like this before. Also, I'm just a renter—anything I should be worried about if I muck around down there that might break something?

Be sure to use some Teflon tape (also called Sealing Tape, I think) on the threads under the sink to prevent any leaks.

Ok, took a trip to Home Depot, and this is what I ended up with:

LTC2r.jpg

Basically, a T, a supply line, and a faucet on the end. Works great! Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!

I was going to suggest hooking up a hose to the bathroom faucet with the standard adapter, but your way works too.

I was going to suggest hooking up a hose to the bathroom faucet with the standard adapter, but your way works too.

Yeah, I considered that too, but my bathroom faucet is also non-standard. I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out though—no need to leave the kitchen to cool my wort!

Yeah, I considered that too, but my bathroom faucet is also non-standard. I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out though—no need to leave the kitchen to cool my wort!

Yeah, my next one would have been unhook the cloths washer and use that faucet. :p Glad it worked out.

Back