BrewMasters Warehouse (now, rising from the ashes!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lucky enough to live pretty close to BMW and work regularly takes me within 10 mins of them or so. I've always had great experiences with them and as an outsider looking in, I think I'd attribute things like this to growing pains. If you've "liked" them on Facebook (and everyone should;)), they had a post about hiring a new person or two just about 2 weeks ago. On my last trip there yesterday or the day before they were out of 1/4" barbed swivel nuts...someone online ordered 40 of them :drunk:. So yeah, I think they may be overwhelmed with crazy orders like that... Anyway, I can't speak for their online customer support, but I'm sure they're trying like heck to get things squared away so that the support is on par with their in-store quality.

A big +1 for BMW!!!

We have cut off a good 3 days off of the wait time. By this time next week we should be back to our more usual turnaround time of next business day.

We have also initiated some new policies so that word will go out ahead of time to let you know if we are delayed like this in the future. Hopefully it is not something we ever have to use after we get caught up.

We also hired 2 new people with another person that looks like a good candidate for hiring. That will really help out a lot in the future when we get slammed like we have been here lately.

Again sorry for the delay and we are doing everything we can to get caught up and make it right.

I live right down the street from BMW, and they happen to be next door to my favorite pizza place! My fiancée and I took their brewing class there, and the staff was great. They seemed to have been cleaned out over the Christmas holiday and were getting their stock back on the shelves. I was surprised with how much walk in business they to considering they are a specialty shop with a small customer base. I guess more people home brew than I imagined!

I live right down the street from BMW, and they happen to be next door to my favorite pizza place! My fiancée and I took their brewing class there, and the staff was great. They seemed to have been cleaned out over the Christmas holiday and were getting their stock back on the shelves. I was surprised with how much walk in business they to considering they are a specialty shop with a small customer base. I guess more people home brew than I imagined!

In the past year about 8 people I know have started homebrewing out of nowhere. I think it's been difficult for everyone to properly stock their shelves with the rapid growth of homebrewing.

We have also initiated some new policies so that word will go out ahead of time to let you know if we are delayed like this in the future.
That sounds like a good idea!

Have you considered adding something to the site so when I am placing an order, I get warned if an item is out of stock before I commit the order? This would be a handy feature.

I'm glad for you that you are getting more business and I am glad for us that you are staffing up to handle it!

glad to hear it...i'm planning an order for next week...

Have you considered adding something to the site so when I am placing an order, I get warned if an item is out of stock before I commit the order? This would be a handy feature.

Yes we sure have considered that, and in fact is a feature in our next version of our website. We are still in the process of a redesign so no new changes are being added to the current website. When the new site is finally done (been in development for over a year) you will not be allowed to order an out of stock item.

Thanks,

Ed

I just ordered ingredients for two batches on Monday, January 30 and it was at my door 4 days later. I know sometimes orders take longer to ship for various reasons but I still think you guys do a great job. Thanks Ed and everyone at BMW.

I always check my past orders in my account. It will show as pending until it is shipped.

For me, after it switches from pending to shipped it shows up the next day.

Yes we sure have considered that, and in fact is a feature in our next version of our website. We are still in the process of a redesign so no new changes are being added to the current website. When the new site is finally done (been in development for over a year) you will not be allowed to order an out of stock item.

Thanks,

Ed

Sounds good! Maybe consider a feature that would email the customer when the item is in stock. Or an option to let the order stay in place and get filled when the item is in stock. But I agree, at the very minimum, don't accept the order if something is out of stock. That would let the customer decide to substitute for the item, buy the item elsewhere, or wait with the whole order.

I don't recall your current policy, but Amazon doesn't charge my credit card until the order ships. I like that.

Sounds good! Maybe consider a feature that would email the customer when the item is in stock. Or an option to let the order stay in place and get filled when the item is in stock. But I agree, at the very minimum, don't accept the order if something is out of stock. That would let the customer decide to substitute for the item, buy the item elsewhere, or wait with the whole order.

I don't recall your current policy, but Amazon doesn't charge my credit card until the order ships. I like that.

We consider all the features brought up by our customers. I wish I could get all of them into the website, but that is certainly something we have considered.

The charging policy is also something that will be fixed when the new website launches.

I would like to add I ordered Monday Feb 13, 2012 and the order shipped today Tuesday Feb 14, 2012. Being in the same state, I will have it tomorrow :) Now that's a HUGE step up from my last post around #31. I now give them a rating of a perfect 10 !!! Keep it up BMW !!!!

I would like to add I ordered Monday Feb 13, 2012 and the order shipped today Tuesday Feb 14, 2012. Being in the same state, I will have it tomorrow :) Now that's a HUGE step up from my last post around #31. I now give them a rating of a perfect 10 !!! Keep it up BMW !!!!

We have made some huge strides in getting the turn around time back in order. Still have a little ways to go before it is where I want it to be, but a vast improvement thanks to a lot of hard work by the guys in the shop.

Thanks,

Ed

We have made some huge strides in getting the turn around time back in order. Still have a little ways to go before it is where I want it to be, but a vast improvement thanks to a lot of hard work by the guys in the shop.

Thanks,

Ed

A huge pat on the back to you and the guys in the shop !!! Thanks Ed !!!

Ok, well it gives me great pleasure to announce that my confidence in BMW is back. I ordered from them yesterday before noon (as I said I would) and by end of business day my order had shipped. Awesome guys!!

Ok, well it gives me great pleasure to announce that my confidence in BMW is back. I ordered from them yesterday before noon (as I said I would) and by end of business day my order had shipped. Awesome guys!!

Thanks a lot man. We have been working really hard, and are now caught up to where I want to be. We may have times when we just can not ship same day but next business day should not be a problem the vast majority of the time.

Thanks,

Ed

This is good news to hear. I applaud you for listening to your customers, responding politely and tactfully and following up with progress. I still would appreciate an automated reply directly after ordering. It could just give a summary of your order and say "we have processed your order and it will be shipped within 1-2 days." Just something to know that your money was received and your order is on the books.

Honestly the fact that you're able to get most orders out the door same day is going above and beyond. I don't think most customers expect any less than a day of process time.

Just giving a shout out to the Brew Masters, YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!!! :rockin: Their service, shipping, and email response time go above and beyond any place I have ever ordered from !!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!! I definitely have been telling my brew friends and will continue spreading the word.

:mad:
I recently purchased my "starter" kit from BrewMasters Warehouse out of Marietta, GA...it's been a week and it hasn't shipped yet...anyone else with experience with them? Is this typical? I know I"m anxious to get started but this seems to be too long a wait??

Yep, I ordered for the 1st time on 2013-11-13 After a couple of days I emailed him and told him, I seen my order was still pending even though the money had already been taken from my bank account on 2013-11-14

This is what I got back from him.

"Your order is in line for shipping out on Monday."

That will make it 2013-11-18 if it is shipped that date.

So, I'm still waiting to see when the "pending" will change. If it doesn't change in the next couple of days I'll be calling them. 5+ days to even ship after the order was placed? REALLY? Be the 1st and last time I order from that place. To bad. I have been excited to get back into brewing after being away from the hobby for 15 years. I suppose it will take at least another week to get here in Idaho once it IS shipped. I'm sure not happy. I Wonder how the prices are on Amaz** Hummmm....

I was checking some of my old brewing bookmarks and when I saw Brewmasters Warehouse I thought to myself; "Whatever happened to them?" I liked the concept of being able to put a grain bill together exactly the way you want it.

Apparently Northern thought so too, because it seems that they bought Brewmasters. Go the the Brewnasters and you will see that they intend to bring Brew Builder back. I'm looking forward to that.

I was checking some of my old brewing bookmarks and when I saw Brewmasters Warehouse I thought to myself; "Whatever happened to them?" I liked the concept of being able to put a grain bill together exactly the way you want it.

Apparently Northern thought so too, because it seems that they bought Brewmasters. Go the the Brewnasters and you will see that they intend to bring Brew Builder back. I'm looking forward to that.

Indeed. Very interesting. I updated the thread title.

bm.jpg

So Ed runs his company into the ground and Northern Brewer bails him out. I wonder if NB will be making good on all of the money Ed took and never refunded when his company went down the drain?

Oh yeah, brewbuilder is wonderful....Ed just couldn't figure out how to ship product out the door. Maybe he should stick to building web interfaces in the future.

I think everyone should think twice about patronizing Northern Brewer, they are exhibiting poor judgement in who they choose to partner in business with.

So Ed runs his company into the ground and Northern Brewer bails him out. I wonder if NB will be making good on all of the money Ed took and never refunded when his company went down the drain?

Oh yeah, brewbuilder is wonderful....Ed just couldn't figure out how to ship product out the door. Maybe he should stick to building web interfaces in the future.

I think everyone should think twice about patronizing Northern Brewer, they are exhibiting poor judgement in who they choose to partner in business with.

I doubt the business problems of BMW will continue, and I doubt that Ed will have much (or anything) to do with the new BMW other than to assist getting the Brew Builder app back up and running. I don't think there is any sort of "bail out", more likely acquisition of trademarks and the Brew Builder, but I really don't know. I'm guessing that the actual bldg will never re-open, but the Brew Builder app will become available again either on NB's or BMW's web site.

Note that NB also acquired Midwest Supplies a couple of years ago. I assume that went well. Although the Midwest web site is still there, I think the entire facility (inventory, mgmt) was moved into NB's building. Maybe that acquisition is an indication of how this one will go.

I'd assume the same thing. They probably offered a one time fee for the brewbuilder code and the BMW name so that any previous customers that checked out the site would be redirected to NB. It's another form of customer acquisition.

I doubt the business problems of BMW will continue, and I doubt that Ed will have much (or anything) to do with the new BMW other than to assist getting the Brew Builder app back up and running. I don't think there is any sort of "bail out", more likely acquisition of trademarks and the Brew Builder, but I really don't know. I'm guessing that the actual bldg will never re-open, but the Brew Builder app will become available again either on NB's or BMW's web site.

Note that NB also acquired Midwest Supplies a couple of years ago. I assume that went well. Although the Midwest web site is still there, I think the entire facility (inventory, mgmt) was moved into NB's building. Maybe that acquisition is an indication of how this one will go.

I'd assume the same thing. They probably offered a one time fee for the brewbuilder code and the BMW name so that any previous customers that checked out the site would be redirected to NB. It's another form of customer acquisition.

I understand why they are doing it, I just want to make sure Northern Brewer knows what a mess Ed/BMW left with his customers and that I for one do not plan to purchase from them if they choose to carry-on with the BMW name.

Ed screwed his customers over by the way he closed down BMW, and still has some of my money. If that slime splashes up on NB, so be it.

I understand why they are doing it, I just want to make sure Northern Brewer knows what a mess Ed/BMW left with his customers and that I for one do not plan to purchase from them if they choose to carry-on with the BMW name.

Ed screwed his customers over by the way he closed down BMW, and still has some of my money. If that slime splashes up on NB, so be it.

I understand you're pissed. But if you know that NB had nothing to do with it, why do you want to punish them?

Further, why should NB inherit the problems? It would be nice if they satisfied the customers that got burned, maybe they'll do that, but again I don't think they have any legal or ethical responsibility to do that.

I think any company that buys assets from a tanked company is aware of the negative baggage that may come along with it but the upside likely far exceeds the downside. There are probably a handful of people that got burned by BMW that will boycott NB just by association. There are probably several thousand more people that will look up BMW after a long period of absence and be delighted to find a business there. It sucks for anyone that lost money for sure.

I understand you're pissed. But if you know that NB had nothing to do with it, why do you want to punish them?

Further, why should NB inherit the problems? It would be nice if they satisfied the customers that got burned, maybe they'll do that, but again I don't think they have any legal or ethical responsibility to do that.

Its the only leverage point I have and a pretty paltry one at that. Bobby M is right that there is probably only a handful of people will not patronize NB because of their association with BMW. I don't blame them for picking up brewbuilder, but the least I can do it is let them (and everyone else) know the type of person Ed is.

Back