Wood Brew Stand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gfei

Reaction score
Been working on this on spare weekends and thought I would share. I took my inspiration from this site and modified it to what I needed (Sketchup is my friend).

Here is a shot of the finished frame mocked up with burners and such.

Spent this past weekend teaching myself to solder copper. Here is the gas manifold, just needs the fittings to connect everything and some real brackets to hold it to the frame.

I bent the flashing for this heat shield by hand, and it most definitely looks like hammered dog crap, that won't do. I have a sheet metal break on loan now so I should get that done a bit more professionally this week (I hope).

I had hoped to use the valves that came with the burners (the ones where you have to keep cranking a timer every 20 min.) as on off valves for automation, but they don't function quite the way I had hoped they would.

What kind of valves do people typically use for this? I've seen them on rigs, just don't know what they are.

Hey, I one of those burners also.
I drilled a hole thru the knob and wired it to the on position. The thermo couple still works and the push button to turn the gas on works too.

Back