New Replacement for March Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this thread hitting 100 pages before 4pm EST.

The man offers a free pump with the chance to grow an extra schlong/possibly turn into godzilla, how can one resist?

I am out of pumps you guys cleaned me out!!!!! Thanks for the support a nd look for us on ebay and chuggerpump.com

Any chance I can get a SS head for my chugger?

Still trying to get the oil/plastic stink out of the plastic head.

:(

Thanks for the fast reply, I can't wait to try them out and I appreciate the AWESOME customer service!! I will post up a review after I get them installed!! You made this a tuesday worth getting up for!!
Thanks

Cant belive you are out! :(
I get paid tommorrow! Will you inform us when you will get some more back in stock? Are they going to be the same price?

Crikey, I was a bit late to this party...I would have gladly been the jagoff who puked on the couch and put the lampshade on his head for it too...

Well, chuggerpumps, I'll be seeing you at the next WHALES meeting on 11/16 anyway...looking forward to at least checking out the pump in person.

I just read the posts and totally **** the bed on this! I have my toolbox built ready for the pump but was at work and couldn't check my email to this thread. I will keep my fingers crossed if Mike finds an extra one!

That also reminds me, any 230V (60 hz) models available?

hmm i sent an email REALLY HOPE it was in time.....If these things are good i know a bunch of people who are pumpless looking to improve thier system

I hear they are already a nice kiwi green...

Purple is the basic color from cold Alaska right? LOL!

I have a UPS shipping number, this just doesn't seen possible there must be
a catch no one offers a product for free???
Over past broken plastic March pump outlets, stripped threads and other failures
this has to be an improvement by far but I i'm still worried this is not a freebie pump as
was posted on this forum. Tell me i'm still one of the freebie future pump owners for sending
my email address in right away before Mike "ran out" on the HBT forum, pinch me my love?
Been there too many times, ended up with egg on face or a bill on a product.

Purple is the basic color from cold Alaska right? LOL!

I have a UPS shipping number, this just doesn't seen possible there must be
a catch no one offers a product for free???
Over past broken plastic March pump outlets, stripped threads and other failures
this has to be an improvement by far but I i'm still worried this is not a freebie pump as
was posted on this forum. Tell me i'm one of the freebie future pump owners for sending
my email address right away before Mike "ran out".
Been there too many times, egg on face.

I haven't heard any response to my email yet. When did you get the tracking number? I know I couldn't have been too late as I was one of the first two to respond. We shall see. :p

I got a email with tracking number time of 11:41 AM less than an hour after I applied for the offer of a free pump. It's been "departed" by UPS from NJ. I also replied by email right away, you were number two I recall.
Lhttp://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US

Left coast here still asleep in the AM vs the rest of the country, here on an island kicking back some suds.

Just got word that my pump has been delivered. I am close, but less than 24 hours since I sent the email. Shipping is FAST! Can't wait to get home to check it out. I have high hopes for this pump, and if all works well will be ordering a second one. Thanks again Mike!

Chad and Irregular, you guys must be really close my pump went from NJ to Horsham PA then departed 11/10/2010 6:43 AM ET. Delivery date 11/16, must be on a lame horse headed to the left coast.

Can you believe how cheap Chugger must be, no next day air shipping.

LOL

The only way I could repay him for the generosity was to give him a thumbs up. Although I did buy one pump from him a few weeks ago, so that was a pre-thank you.

So what is the big benefit to these pumps besides selling price over the 809? Or is that the only difference?

They have a stainless steel head so the threads are more durable.

And blingy, most importantly blingy. Can't wait until someone polishes their pump head to a mirror shine. Who's gonna be first?

I received a package from Chugger today. No, not the pump that he sent me the tracking # for yesterday as I'm on the West coast and that isn't scheduled to arrive until 11/15.

Last week I bought two SS heads from Chugger's Ebay auction. Instead of sending me two heads though, he sent me 1 head and 1 complete head/pump!!! This guy is serious about getting his product into the hands of brewers.

Had I known I was already getting a pump, I would not have jumped on yesterdays offer, so I will be passing the additional pump onto another local brewer.

Thank you Michael - you rock! :mug:

Excuse the crappy cell pics and my kitchen table. Here's the pump, fresh off the UPS truck.

I've no experience with pumps but this looks and feels solid. The SS head definitely has a bling factor, cancelled out by the green housing. But who cares about aesthetics?

Threads look pretty good.

pump_2.jpg

pump_1.jpg

Now, if somebody could tell me how to put a pigtail on this sucker, I'll be good to go. :D

Somebody else will have to post about performance as it will be some time before I get to use this.

Thanks, Michael. Solid job on getting these out and keeping your word. :mug:

Now, if somebody could tell me how to put a pigtail on this sucker, I'll be good to go. :D
You can buy a 3 conductor plug at Lowes or Home Depot for a couple of bucks. Black wire to gold connector, white wire to silver, green wire to green screw. Alternatively, buy a light switch, J-box and an extension cord and wire it up with an inline switch.

Latest posts

Back