First AG batch, are these ingredients good for hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJSkypala

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am getting ready to do my first AG batch, a Black Raspberry Hefeweizen made using black raspberries and fresh wildflower Honey from a local farm.

Are these grains suitable for a Hefe?

5lbs Briess Organic 2-row Pale Barley
5lbs Weyermann Organic Pale Wheat Malt

thanks to everyone for their help in getting me into AG brewing.

ALSO. When using whole Hops in a bag do you remove the bag after the boil?

best,
RJ

Grains are ok.
Just leave the bag in the kettle until you rack to the fermenter.

Hello all,

I am getting ready to do my first AG batch, a Black Raspberry Hefeweizen made using black raspberries and fresh wildflower Honey from a local farm.

My next batch is going to be blackberry weizen. How much raspberries were you thinking of using, and how? I'm curious as I've not put berries in beer before.

I racked some mead onto blackberries last month and the color is so awesome I was motivated to do the same with beer.

I picked up the black raspberries upstate where I live for most of the year, I only ended up with a little over 1lb of them. I may just use those to add a little color/hint of flavor or if I can find some more local berries I will probably up it to 2 or more 3 lbs. I know 1lb is basically nothing but I also really want to use local/fresh ingredients...anyway, these raspberries have more flavor than anything I have had at the supermarket.

Back