Possible stand for single tier build available at Costco?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerapinChef

Reaction score
For $199 at my Costco, I can buy this...

http://www.whalenstorage.com/products/workbench.html
workbench_1.jpg

it looks like a good sturdy steel stand, maybe a bit longer than needed, but the bonus is you get a nice 8' wood top that comes with it...

Looks a little pricey. The wood top is kind of nice, but what advantages does it have over some kind of industrial top other than aesthetic appeal?

Wood burns when you use burners...

$199 is a bit steep, and you only get one shelf.

Without bothering to really shop for the best deal, consider these (multi-tier, or single with storage, as you like it, adjustable heavy-duty shelves, for less than $199).

master:IN011.jpg

Man I think I need to expound on my ideas more...I was thinking more along the lines of removing the wooden top (kind of though this would go without saying) and using the steel frame as a base to begin building your single tier stand from there, for those of us that don't weld. Mount three burners, two pumps, plumb for gas, add some fancy electronics, and you're ready to go...I'm overwhelmed with brewstands at the moment, but I just wanted to put it out there...

Wood burns when you use burners...

$199 is a bit steep, and you only get one shelf.

Without bothering to really shop for the best deal, consider these (multi-tier, or single with storage, as you like it, adjustable heavy-duty shelves, for less than $199).

master:IN011.jpg

The company that makes those is Nexel Shelving:

Nexel-Nexel-Nexel shelving

It's what I use... you can pick and choose your config on that link.

The shelves hold up to 800 pounds when distributed evenly.

I have the same work table in my garage its very stable but I would think that most of the price is the hardwood slab. Got it in the scratch and dent section for 125 what did I care it was going to get banged up anyways.

199 is pricey specially since you are going to remove the top. It would make a nice counter top though. I would just buy some shelving like this and cut it down and add some wire/steal shelves to suit your needs.And you would still have some shelving to store your equipment. Its around half the price at Lowe's .

035441187010.jpg

Latest posts

Back