anyone tried these quick disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmpolesov

Reaction score
They look handy

http://morebeer.com/view_product/7642/

I'm thinking of something like this for ease of assembly/disassembly, ease of clean-up, etc. as well as being able to make things point the direction I want (which can be hard with pipe threads sometimes. you don't want to under or overtighten).

There are some brass disconnects that you can get from McMaster-Carr that are considerably cheaper that are basically made the same. If you don't mind brass I'd go with the MC ones, if you do a search you should be able to find the part number.

I haven't used the MC ones because they wouldn't send to my country, but I found something very similar here that I'll be using in my sculpture.

Go with the ones from MC....they're way cheaper and great quality.

Tell me about it. I got mine 2 days after I ordered. It helps to have the warehouse in the same state, I guess.

We use these same QD's in the PW industry (link). They seal perfect when new, but after they wear, they leak a little until pressure is applied. It's significant enough that we won't use them for vacuum lines. That said, we are pretty abusive to them, and store them compressed 24x7. Hence, we wear out seals about every 2-3 weeks. I can tell you they will stand up to 210* at 3000psi, especially if you use viton o-rings.

In a brewing environment, they would probably work leak free indefinitely as long as you didn't store them compressed.

Back