What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, how was that after 3 years? I have one downstairs in the basement I haven't opened yet.

It will keep getting better pretty much as long as you want to age it. I've had it at 6 years and it's great.

You drink the bafa you put in the fridge yet? Btw that's on untapped as barrel aged shipwrecked saison

That's not a bad takeover. Have you had any of those?

That's what I was thinking. I have a couple of these down in the cellar, but haven't had any yet.

Got home and fridge crapped out... Awesome

That sucks man - was it the beer fridge or did you lose stuff from your food fridge?

NIZZLE said:
I like it quite a bit burried hatchet is next.

That's one of my favorite year round IPAs. I think you'll like the Buried Hatchet.

Sorry, dude. My tenants are stressing me the fook out. Even drinking doesn't make me feel better. And my pop's cousin died. ****ty day here as well.

Looking for another beer after these scotches.

I know the feeling. What kind of crap they pulling? You could always give them notice, But then again that means you will have to clean/fix the place up and find better ones and that is always a gamble.

Remmy said:
By the way, how was that after 3 years? I have one downstairs in the basement I haven't opened yet.

Sorry to hear about your crappy week! I think this Curieux is drinking perfectly right now. Very smooth and balanced with some vanilla notes and very little booziness. I've had it fresh and with a year or less on it and it was always way too hot for me. It might get better yet, but it's awesome right now!

That's what I was thinking. I have a couple of these down in the cellar, but haven't had any yet.

That sucks man - was it the beer fridge or did you lose stuff from your food fridge?

Both.... I only have one fridge so it serves both purposes... Left at 7am it was working.... The old man is letting me use his beer fridge actually until i get a new one this weekend

image-3278508142.jpg

Someone scored a case of White Rajah the best beer i've ever consumed. My wife gave her thumbs up to the purchase. Life is good!

Attachments

• image-3379731131.jpg
    image-3379731131.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 81
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a coffee stout brewed by a new friend I met at the recent beer fest/homebrew competition that I was in. I was actually competing against him in the Stout category, and he ended up taking first place with this. He's a young new brewer of only one year, which makes this beer quite impressive to me.

It's a very well balanced stout with medium body. It has subtle notes of chocolate and raisins with very prominent coffee flavor and aroma. The coffee is smooth on the palate and not at all bitter as in some coffee beers I've had. It has a moderate carbonation and tan colored head that dissipates quickly with thin lacing on the glass.

It's my pleasure to be drinking this, and it will be sipped and savored!

IMG-20131024-00340.jpg

Channel66 said:
It will keep getting better pretty much as long as you want to age it. I've had it at 6 years and it's great. You drink the bafa you put in the fridge yet? Btw that's on untapped as barrel aged shipwrecked saison

I am splitting wood all fooking weekend. Both days. I plan to have that beer at the end of the day Saturday. Will keep you posted, sir.

DrunkleJon said:
I know the feeling. What kind of crap they pulling? You could always give them notice, But then again that means you will have to clean/fix the place up and find better ones and that is always a gamble.

Complaining about stupid **** like a off smell when the forced-air heat goes on for the first time since last winter?? It always did that when I lived there. Run it for 2-3 days and it's gone. Still pisses me off. Can't wait to get rid of that house. I spent 9 months tearing everything out and renovating it. Walls, all electric, all appliances, etc. literally everything. Anyhow, back to drinking.

DrPhunk said:
Sorry to hear about your crappy week! I think this Curieux is drinking perfectly right now. Very smooth and balanced with some vanilla notes and very little booziness. I've had it fresh and with a year or less on it and it was always way too hot for me. It might get better yet, but it's awesome right now!

I may have mine in a few years then!!! I don't mind letting it sit. It better be worth the wait!

drinking another hb IPA, yet again. Wishing it was good enough weather to hit the slopes in NM but thatll come soon enough I guess :D

2013-10-24 19.16.29.jpg

finsfan said:
drinking another hb IPA, yet again. Wishing it was good enough weather to hit the slopes in NM but thatll come soon enough I guess :D

Mount Snow got a dusting. Arapahoe got snow weeks ago.

Nice thief's worth of Frankenwild. I can't believe this one got turned around. Started as a bíere de garde that I oaked, added wild blackberries, and the dreaded wlp 645 to. Had some weird plasticy stuff going on after that as well as some great sandalwood and cinnamon in the nose. Racked off berries and added 1.5 gallons of wort from another brew to have enough to fill 6 gallon Bb. Added dregs from Medler, Panil Bariquee, & Weyerbacher Riserva about 6 months ago. Probably top 5 beers I've made and needs to get bottled before I drink it all from fermentor. Might hafta pull another few glasses for this evening. With my wall of fame.

image-2312075587.jpg

Complaining about stupid **** like a off smell when the forced-air heat goes on for the first time since last winter?? It always did that when I lived there. Run it for 2-3 days and it's gone. Still pisses me off. Can't wait to get rid of that house. I spent 9 months tearing everything out and renovating it. Walls, all electric, all appliances, etc. literally everything. Anyhow, back to drinking.

Ah, the dust burnoff smell. Sounds like a problem with the tenants and not the house. Way to use your investment. I know nothing about the house, but if you have put that much work into it, get your money out of it until the market makes it ridiculous for you to keep a hold of it. Only suckers work to get rich, use those investments. Hell, I rent my upstairs portion and as a result pay off 7/8 of my mortgage with the rent alone. Now if I can only get it rented again. Had some lousy renters give me 6 days notice before they moved out on the 15th. Jerks.

Nice thief's worth of Frankenwild. I can't believe this one got turned around. Started as a bíere de garde that I oaked, added wild blackberries, and the dreaded wlp 645 to. Had some weird plasticy stuff going on after that as well as some great sandalwood and cinnamon in the nose. Racked off berries and added 1.5 gallons of wort from another brew to have enough to fill 6 gallon Bb. Added dregs from Medler, Panil Bariquee, & Weyerbacher Riserva about 6 months ago. Probably top 5 beers I've made and needs to get bottled before I drink it all from fermentor. Might hafta pull another few glasses for this evening. With my wall of fame.

I'm surprised to see a DFH in there.

Spiced pumpkin brown ale bottled with cinnamon tea. There is an odd smell for sure, a weird taste when it first hits my tongue. Not a winner in other words. Not sure how to even describe things but the pumpkin beer itself was great...just not the ones bottled with tea.

Oh and look...I'm Channel! YUKA YUKA YUKA! :ban:
IMG_5603.JPG

I'm surprised to see a DFH in there.

That's the 2002, 23% version. I've told the story on here I'm sure. Bought a case in 03 when I visited. Guys at the brewery told me about a liqour store who couldn't sell it in North Deleware and I got the case for $100. Left a few for safe keeping with a friend. Drank it back in January back to back with year Dark Lord I'd given him back in the day. Felt like a baller. Both were insanely good, though those are the only years of either that have held up from what I've heard.

Back