Vienna Lager Revvy's Vienna Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Revvy,

Just wanted to shout out kudos to you for a great recipe!
I just brewed 10 gallons a few months back and tapped around a month and a half ago.
Down to around 0.5 gallons in the second keg.
Have the neighbors asking to buy materials so that I can make it again it turned out so well!
IMG_0134.JPG

I'm going for a variant of this, using your recipe as a base, but adding some stuff I like :D

21 liter batch:
Malts
Vienna malt 4kg
Pilsner malt 1kg
crystal 75 500g
Cara amber 200g

Hops
Hallertau 45g @ 60 minutes
saaz 25g @ 5 minutes

Finally, I was able to brew this yesterday. Hit all the numbers. Fermenting with Wyeast Bohemian Lager around 52°F. This is only my 3rd lager so will see. I have high hopes. I love a Mexican vienna lager from Bohemia brand. All matches up :-D

I want to do a very similar Vienna lager... Is one pack of S-23 yeast is enought ? I read/heard that you are better to use 2 packs of dry yeast when doing a lager... Thanks for your opinions... experiences...

I want to do a very similar Vienna lager... Is one pack of S-23 yeast is enought ? I read/heard that you are better to use 2 packs of dry yeast when doing a lager... Thanks for your opinions... experiences...

I would do a 4L starter, that is what I do for almost all my lagers. If you dont have the means to do a starter, I'd use at a min. 2 packs of dry yeast.

Back