Zombie Brains CDA! Nasty! :PIC:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhem

Reaction score
Took this pic of my Cascadian Dark Ale (Black IPA) in the fermenter last night. It has about 6oz of pellet hops in the carboy....makes for some interesting "zombie brain krausen". Yummy.

20121112_191808.jpg

This one will be ready just in time for the Zombie Apocalypse on Dec 21st! :tank:

I just finished the second season of the walking dead last night. this seems very appropriate.

Nice! I love me some black IPA. I had a summer ale that looked like that. Luckily it all usually falls to bottom! :)

This is the first IPA I've made that was in a carboy, I usually do them in the buckets and then dry hop in carboys. Had no idea hops looked like this in an actively fermenting IPA.

This is the first IPA I've made that was in a carboy, I usually do them in the buckets and then dry hop in carboys. Had no idea hops looked like this in an actively fermenting IPA.
t

So now I'm confused. Is this just hop debris transferred from the boil, not dry hopping?!

t

So now I'm confused. Is this just hop debris transferred from the boil, not dry hopping?!

Correct. I used a lot of hops in the last 10 min of boil and at flame out so I only left the heavy protein trub in the bottom of the kettle when I transferred to FV's (didn't want to lose my aroma hops). Once it ferments out and settles I will rack to secondary and dry hop for 10 days with another 2 oz per 5 gal.

Back