Cutting down my brewstand--converting to semi-single tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Now that I have a pump operable, and the itch to tinker with the design, I was wondering if some of you with single tier designs can share some links/photos of how you plumbed your system.

I am mainy interested in how you separated your valves so they can switch from pumping water from the HLT and pumping wort to the fermenter.

Soon, I'll post my proposed design for the stand, and then I'll decide from there on how the plumbing will be centered around the pump. I'm particularly fond of quick disconnects and the like.

I have TONS of pump questions. I will be searching through lots of links but if someone is particularly proud of thier system, please link it.

Well, here is a tentative design for my future stand.

Essentially all I am trying to do is reduce the footprint a smidge, and reduce the height.

I'm going to cut off that top tier completely, and use the spare metal for a fold up tier to hold the mash-tun. It will fold up easily when the HLT is no longer used. I'm going to rig up a chain or a metal cord to offer more support, that is the thin line looking thing in front of the HLT tank (and behind it).

The red thing is the pump--right now I'm trying to come up with the best way to plumb it so I can quickly interchange hoses between areas where I need it.

Am I seing all of this right? Any suggestions?

Brewstand_new.jpg

I really like the way that mine is setup with two silicon hoses with female qd's on the ends opposite the pump. All the valves on the vessels have male qd's and switching is a breeze.
sophiawinford.jpg

Back