What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try turning your gas down to 2 psi and chill your bottles before filling. You may want to look into using a picnic tap instead of a pull tap to fill bottles though. I find that works a lot easier and a plastic bottling wand fits right in the plastic tap.

Try turning your gas down to 2 psi and chill your bottles before filling. You may want to look into using a picnic tap instead of a pull tap to fill bottles though. I find that works a lot easier and a plastic bottling wand fits right in the plastic tap.

I purge the keg drop the psi down to enough to push out the beer chill the bottles etc and boom foam. I'm going to give the bottling before carbonating and adding carb drops way a shot it seems simple and logical to me.

Woohoo!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403880354.179743.jpg

Do you use a pool test kit to test your mash water?

Nah. Just pool water. I did test my tap water to see what it was all about. Not incredibly useful for my setup. If I added minerals and stuff to mimic a location's water quality I might have more use for those numbers on brew day. As is, it just helps me make sure my new to me pool stays bright and sparkly.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403906572.525492.jpg
Not too bright and sparkly in that pic, but it was 5:30am.
Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Got my budget infrared thermometer. That'll come in handy checking fermenter temps. Oh, and the bottle fairy left me 2 cases of empty hacker-pschorr 500ml swing tops for free

Once again, an Amazon Marketplace vendor proves to be a disappointment! After waiting a week for an order to ship I inquired as to the shipping status. The vendor promptly cancelled the order & stated I had requested the cancellation. Amazon refused to do s**t.
I'm back to buying locally- f**k Amazon!!!

Grill grate with removeable center and cast iron griddle for it.
View attachment 207963
View attachment 207964
Next up weber pizza stone. Strangest boner right now.

I saw a grill at target that had a system like that. It had a removable section on each side. You could buy griddles, woks, pizza stones, and a couple other things to swap into that space. Pretty neat idea, but I see absolutely no use for it for me.

Once again, an Amazon Marketplace vendor proves to be a disappointment! After waiting a week for an order to ship I inquired as to the shipping status. The vendor promptly cancelled the order & stated I had requested the cancellation. Amazon refused to do s**t.
I'm back to buying locally- f**k Amazon!!!

Amazon is awesome! The market vendors do suck sometimes. If I wanna take a shot in the dark on an item I usually hit up eBay. I had a bad experience trying to send back a defective item to a marketplace vendor. They wanted me to pay return shipping. I may have somehow known how to bill them for the shipping. I guess they never figured that out. Amazon will straight out take care of you if they sold it. That one experience put a bad taste in my mouth for the other vendors. I only buy from them if they have the absolute best price ever or I can't find it anywhere else.

I do also try to support my local economy whenever I can.

I saw a grill at target that had a system like that. It had a removable section on each side. You could buy griddles, woks, pizza stones, and a couple other things to swap into that space. Pretty neat idea, but I see absolutely no use for it for me.

To each his own I suppose I see nothing but potential uses

I purge the keg drop the psi down to enough to push out the beer chill the bottles etc and boom foam. I'm going to give the bottling before carbonating and adding carb drops way a shot it seems simple and logical to me.

Worked great! So much easier

Yeah! Two food grade fermenters full of goodies...airlocks, bungs, valves, hops, grains and some other good stuff.

Cheers,
AlfA01

DSC_0900.jpg

NOTHING! Once again Amazon f**ked up and couldn't get a next day order to me as promised!
I've now had to REORDER THE SAME ITEM for the third time since 6/21 since they cannot seem to manage their shipping department or shippers to get items out as ordered despite numerous emails confirming orders and shipping trackers!

DONT ORDER FROM AMAZON IF YOU HAVE ANY ALTERNATIVE - even for a few $$$'s more !!!!

NOTHING! Once again Amazon f**ked up and couldn't get a next day order to me as promised!
I've now had to REORDER THE SAME ITEM for the third time since 6/21 since they cannot seem to manage their shipping department or shippers to get items out as ordered despite numerous emails confirming orders and shipping trackers!

DONT ORDER FROM AMAZON IF YOU HAVE ANY ALTERNATIVE - even for a few $$$'s more !!!!

Sorry you have had all these issues. I have Prime and have placed 100 orders without any issues

In the 4 years I have been ordering from Amazon I've only had 1-2 issues and the customer service always makes it right.

I got the last few internal components of my Kal clone Electric Brewery control box yesterday and the table top drill press I ordered yesterday will be delivered tomorrow.

I can finally start production on my control box!

Hell/ looking back my last four orders have been FUBAR'd. I'm still waiting on one order from 4/29 that's supposedly has been re shipped twice!
No more Amazon for me. IF my next day shipment actually shows up today I'm closing my account.

The 25' water safe hose came today as well. Two different Fed Ex vans delivering on the same day. How do they stay in business???

Water safe hose? :D

Re: Amazon…always great for me but their packaging decisions leave something to be desired. A fishing pole, for example, came in a box that was 5' tall (it was a 6' rod that split into two), 3' wide and 6" deep. It was smashed all over but I got it in one piece and spent 10 minutes trying to cut the cardboard up for recycling.

What came for me: nada. I forgot to hit "order" on my Amazon cart. :eek: I'll stop shopping at 3 am.

Hell/ looking back my last four orders have been FUBAR'd. I'm still waiting on one order from 4/29 that's supposedly has been re shipped twice!
No more Amazon for me. IF my next day shipment actually shows up today I'm closing my account.

Are these orders shipped and sold by Amazon or sold by others and shipped by Amazon? That could be the problem.

Back