Any interest in a Clawson/nearby areas(Michigan) homebrew club?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrowell15

Reaction score
That is if one doesn't already exist. I did do a google search a month or so ago and came up with a name and email for one in Clawson, but I haven't been able to get in touch.

There are already 3 (2 serious and 1 semi) of us in the sub NE of Rochester and 14 mile intersection!

If there is enough interest we can check into possibly having some meetings at the Black Lotus. We frequent there often.

This would start out fairly relaxed, until enough people start stepping up and work on making the club legit. We are pretty busy right now with study/prep classes for the BJCP exam in the spring.

KGB seems to be getting a bit large and no other club is all that close, that's why we are interested in getting this kicked off.

Seems like a good step considering the increasing demand for craft beer and the growing interest in home brewing.

In case you're curious our(the 2 serious ones) experience in home brewing goes back to starting extract in 2007 and going all grain in 2010. In our first 2 competitions this past year we received two HM's and one first place. This spring we will be working hard to upgrade our setup from cooler MT and 1 keggle to 3 kegs, RIMS MT, HLT and Keggle.

So get a hold of me if you are interested. I'll probably bump this post every few weeks until the spring if needed.

Thanks,
Jesse

Cool, we might brew next weekend if you are interested in stopping by to get acquainted.
As far as Malty dog goes, we have been trying to make it to one of the club meetings. It's just been difficult to find the time to fit everything in and still find time to brew. Which of course is the most important thing. Lol. Traveling for work makes things difficult as well.

heh yeah tell me about it. I'm the VP of CRAFT. I have been going to the Malty Dog meetings since day one though. They are alot of fun and every meeting you have a chance of 'winning' the opportunity to brew your beer and have it on tap at the Malty Dog.

I don't know about next weekend. I'm going to a St. Paddy's day party on Sat...so Sunday will be hangover day lol

We are definitely brewing this Saturday if anyone is interested in stopping by. Will be brewing probably from 9am until 2pm or so. PM me for my address

"every meeting you have a chance of 'winning' the opportunity to brew your beer and have it on tap at the Malty Dog." - Really?! That's curious, what does it take to win exactly? And is there a winner every month?

They take a vote at the end of each meeting to decide which beer or beers will be brewed there. This is most months. They sometimes have meetings at other breweries which will not allow us to bring in homebrew. If no homebrew is allowed they don't take a vote.

Keep this thread updated I would like to swing by for one of your brews sometime. Just this Sat I have parties and I have to make sure I get my Dark Lord tickets ;-)

That's very cool, hard to beat an incentive like that! Will start trying a little harder to make it.

Will do, gook luck on getting tickets!

We are definitely brewing this Saturday if anyone is interested in stopping by. Will be brewing probably from 9am until 2pm or so. PM me for my address

"every meeting you have a chance of 'winning' the opportunity to brew your beer and have it on tap at the Malty Dog." - Really?! That's curious, what does it take to win exactly? And is there a winner every month?

How'd the brewday go?

Pretty good. Ended up low on gravity so our imperial IPA won't be so imperial. Oh well, tastes like it has a lot of potential, so it should still make a pretty good IPA. Great combination of a ton of hops.

I would definitely like to join a club. I know the malty dog has one (as mentioned earlier). I live in royal oak/ferndale. I'd be willing to join either the malty dog or a new venture around black lotus, etc.

My work schedule is a little hectic, but I could try to get one evening off a week for this. Keep me posted!

The CRAFT meeting is on the 12th at Sherwood Brewery. The Malty Dogs meeting is on the 10th at the Malty Dog. The Malty Dogs are also having a brew day on the 7th at the Malty Dog.

Having a brew party June 9th if anyone is interested in swinging by. Will start brewing early/mid morning. And a BBQ get together will start around 3pm. Feel free to come for either or both. Will have our Kolsch and hopefully a Saison on tap. And if there is still some left, an American Amber and Imperial IPA as well.

PM me for location!

Zombie thread but did what was the result of the Clawson Club? Did one ever take off? Entered the Clawson/Black Lotus based CraftCom homebrew competition (my first) and so decided to look for a local club near me.

Yes... zombie thread indeed. I know there is one in Royal Oak. I plan to check out the next meeting. I'd like to meet some local brewers and learn/share as well!

Rochester area here.....interested in a local club.....if none...let's start one!

CRAFT member here who recently moved to Clawson. I'm always down for a brew day with people in the area, or if you are interested in CRAFT feel free to hit me up and I can give you some info.

Back