Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowlife

Reaction score
Anyone know of any decent (clean, basic, not too expensive) hotels in chicago that are walkable distance from a fun area? Not sure what area I should stay in for my trip next week. I have a couple days and thought it would be fun to hit a few taphouses and see whatever the town has to offer. Any help or direction is appreciated.

Anyone know of any decent (clean, basic, not too expensive) hotels in chicago that are walkable distance from a fun area? Not sure what area I should stay in for my trip next week. I have a couple days and thought it would be fun to hit a few taphouses and see whatever the town has to offer. Any help or direction is appreciated.

Have you been to Chicago before? I think the criteria you listed are mutually exclusive.

Most of the good tap houses, breweries, etc are not in the heart of the downtown area. They are in trendier neighborhoods like Lincoln Park. Haymarket is in the West Loop.

Yep. I haven't been there in a very long time though (since I was a kid). When I said cheap I meant relatively. I know most places are pretty expensive. Thanks for the advice!

I would hit Hotwire and the like to try to find a decently priced hotel anywhere near the loop (ie. downtown) -- from there generally it is walking distance and a CTA pass or Metra ride to some great places:

CHICAGO BEER MAP!

--- outside the city - but reachable via Metra - and worth the trip!
Flossmoor Station

Thanks for the advice everyone. That beer map will be very useful as well!

Good call. We went and got a very nice price on a Hotel on the strip. Near the museums we wanted to check out. And it was not a bad cab ride to the Haymarket either.

Save money on the HOtel and spend it on good beer!

The mariott across from the AMA is great I think it on Ohio I'm drawing a blank( lived there for 6 years but still can't remember streets). It puts you right across the street from rock bottom. Also puts you close to elephant and castle on Huron which is a great place.

Trip was awesome, expensive as hell with all the beer and food I ate though, Had a lot of fun. Our bars suck compared to the ones there. Drank the heck out of all kinds of stuff.

Back