Airlock not bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alvaro

Reaction score
I made my first batch with a Australian Pale Ale from a Coopers extract. I made it on Sunday, it had OG 1.041, and on Monday the airlock was bubbling. Now, in the day 2, it is not bubbling anymore, the density is on 1.011.
Should I worry about it?

Nah, you're good. Generally the airlock activity will slow down considerably after 3 days (depending on beer style) and airlock activity by itself is not an indication of fermentation.

it's done fermenting. let it sit for 2 weeks total, then bottle it for 2 weeks, then drink
Men, these ansewers were really fast!
When can I transfer to the secondary fermenter? I want to do the things more difficult.

Thanks for your help.

or, let it sit for 4 weeks, like many of us do.

then bottle and let it sit at 70F for 3 weeks.

better quality sometimes takes a little longer.

or, let it sit for 4 weeks, like many of us do.

then bottle and let it sit at 70F for 3 weeks.

better quality sometimes takes a little longer.

I will take your advice, but in the next time, I can't wait to try this beer.
I am sure that besides not reaching the best quality of the beer it will be much better than the Millers and Buds I've been drinking.
Thanks

You can rack it if you want to but they say there's really no reason unless you are dry hopping or have another batch lined up for your primary. You can't depend on bubbles one way or the other. The only way to know for sure is to take a hydrometer sample. Some people go by 1-2-3. 1 week primary, 2 week secondary, 3 week bottles. I've only done 3 batches and am going by 2-2-3-2. 2 week prim, 2 week sec, 3 week bottle, 2 week fridge. After 2 weeks I check the gravity. Check it again and if its the same I rack it to my secondary to dry hop and free up the primary.

Yeah as long it was going youll be fine. Thats a fairly low gravity so I wouldnt expect to much air lock activity.

Latest posts

Back