Infected Bottle Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyherrick

Reaction score
I brewed a Nut Brown Ale all grain about five weeks ago. It has been in the bottle for three weeks. It tastes ok. It smells ok. I have noticed that near the beer line, there are small spots going all the way around. Charlie P. Says that that means an infection. I have been drinking them, but I am looking for wisdom from some homebrewers that have had similiar problems.

This is my fifth batch. The only change that I did, was a full boil in my converted keggle. I also noticed my siphon hose is stained a little bit.

Do I keep drinking them?

Do I drink them fast so that the infection does not get worse?

What could have went wrong (My siphon hose)?

Any comments and tips are welcome!!

If they taste good then they are most likely not infected. The spots you are talking about are an indicator of infection, that does not mean it is an infection. Typically it is very hard to actually infest your beer with an infection.

Thanks for your replies. I get worried sometimes, mainly because I hate not knowing what step went wrong. I want to make good beer, but infected beer is always on my mind. This was my first batch with the ring around the top, and the fermentation was wierd also. The yeast was clumped in 4 large masses even after bubbling was stopped. I guess they call it yeast flocculation. Anyway thanks for easing my mind.

I would love to hear if anybody else has had this problem before.

Latest posts

Back