Sticky / Stuck Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozwald

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently built a keezer and have 3 taps running. Lately I've been noticing the faucets are getting extremely sticky, very hard to open the first time. I'll use the faucets during the weekend then maybe not again until the following weekend.

I'm assuming the beer in the faucet is drying and causing the sticking issue. How do I keep the faucets clean in between drinking sessions????

I recently built a keezer and have 3 taps running. Lately I've been noticing the faucets are getting extremely sticky, very hard to open the first time. I'll use the faucets during the weekend then maybe not again until the following weekend.

I'm assuming the beer in the faucet is drying and causing the sticking issue. How do I keep the faucets clean in between drinking sessions????

Hello, you can squirt some stars an into the end of your taps and up inside of where the beer comes out, thats the best you can other than replacing your faucets with the other type of faucets.

I think they are called forward seal.

I have the same problem, If one of them ever get real stuck, wrap it for a few minutes with a wash rag soaked in very hot water, that will help loosen up the dried beer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :mug:

Thanks WileECoyote
I'll try squirting some starsan in there and see what happens.

Your welcome, I try to remember to squirt the StarSan in the end and up inside every time we are done drinking for the night, some times I forget.

Cheers :mug:

Replace them immediately with perlick 525ss ....never have that problem again;)

Latest posts

Back