Collar on a mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
So I was naturally not satisfied with just one tap on my kegerator, but there wasn't enough room for a second keg.
Kegerator002.jpg

So I built a collar using 4 1x6's (2 19 inch cuts and 2 32 inch cuts) and connected them with brackets:
Kegerator004.jpg

Then I attched the collar to the door of the fridge, added 1/2" siding insulation, and sealed it with waterproof caulking:
Kegerator014.jpg

After putting the weatherstripping on the collar, I attached the collar to the kegerator body:
Kegerator025.jpg

After adding a latch to keep the door closed and the first coat of stain:
Kegerator028.jpg

And with the tap and drip tray back on:
Kegerator033.jpg

Put the second keg in last night, hoping to get the new shank and faucet by this weekend, I can't wait:ban:

So, you decided to go with the collar on the door, eh? Good show!

It's got a real "Frankenstein's Monster" look to it, but what matters is that you can now have two brews on tap. :mug:

someone works in a lab...whats in the 4L bottle?

edit: just saw your other post, you are a grad student too....sucks huh? I have 5 weeks left till my defense.

You get the fridge for free from the lab? Thats how I got mine, it needs a good cleaning before I actually use it next week.

5 weeks till defense? I'm pretty jealous since I'm about 2 1/2 years from defending. So our lab gets methanol in the 4L brown bottles, so I take them home and make 1 gallon batches of Apfelwine with them. I have a couple now, so I can experiment with different juices.

I actually got the fridge free from my parents, it's 20 years old and they were remodeling their bar and they were just gonna throw it out. Free stuff doesn't last long here in the lab, especially fridges.

Back