Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @thaymond! It was a fun build.

OT, we may take you up on your offer to talk hops sometime this fall. We're trying to figure out if we can a couple of plants in the ground next spring.:D

Thanks @thaymond! It was a fun build.

OT, we may take you up on your offer to talk hops sometime this fall. We're trying to figure out if we can a couple of plants in the ground next spring.:D

No problem. PM me when the time comes!

Just finished my custom made tap handles - can you name that movie for each one?

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

Christmas Story - Star Wars - Iron Man - Raiders of the Lost Ark - LOTR - T2.

Coolest set of handles I've ever seen, GREAT work.

Long overdue, but figured it was about time to throw ours on here. Took a lot of inspiration from all the other builds we saw here (Thank you all!!) and need to pay it forward! Built it almost 2 years ago and only tweaked it once (added some shelving with PVC supports on the bottom to boost the height/get airflow below of 3 of the kegs), though at some point we really need to get a blower in there to get the taps cooled down better. Capacity for 3 on tap plus another 2 carbin’ up or just chillin’ out waiting for a brother/sister to kick.

View attachment 361831

View attachment 361832

View attachment 361834

We also built in storage below the taps for the 20lb. CO2 tank and other miscellaneous items and tools.

View attachment 361833

Cheers!

That's bad ass! For a minute I thought I was looking at two kegerators! Do you have a build thread?

Nice jobs everyone.

I bought a great chest freezer on sale at Best Buy for around 180 that perfectly houses 3 corny kegs comma plus room for smaller Keg on the Shelf with a CO2 tank.

I used plastic PVC lumber for my collar, figuring it was worth the extra expense since I wouldn't have to fill any holes, or deal with any knots, priming or painting. It worked great and I think it has better insulation qualities than 2 by 4 wood. I made extremely tight miter joints with only two screws in each corner.

I chose to make my own temp controller with an $18 STC unit from Amazon. Everything is working great.

20160706_001426.jpg

20160704_122139.jpg

20160706_001450.jpg

Nice jobs everyone.

I bought a great chest freezer on sale at Best Buy for around 180 that perfectly houses 3 corny kegs comma plus room for smaller Keg on the Shelf with a CO2 tank.

I used plastic PVC lumber for my collar, figuring it was worth the extra expense since I wouldn't have to fill any holes, or deal with any knots, priming or painting. It worked great and I think it has better insulation qualities than 2 by 4 wood. I made extremely tight miter joints with only two screws in each corner.

I chose to make my own temp controller with an $18 STC unit from Amazon. Everything is working great.

Ballin' on a budget! Well done!!

I think this is a great idea, lighter probably too! What size were the planks, and do you get any warping (if they are thinner).

That's bad ass! For a minute I thought I was looking at two kegerators! Do you have a build thread?

Thanks @Yesfan! Sorry for not seeing and responding sooner.

No build thread, but these are a couple of pictures that give an idea how we did the collar to offset the taps and build the storage area below.

img_3595b-67433.jpg

img_3599b-67434.jpg

img_3617b-67435.jpg

img_3624b-67436.jpg

eta: Just for clarity, not an original idea/design. We saw something like it somewhere (possibly this thread?) here on HBT.

Cheers!

Here's my coffin style build that I put together a couple of years ago. I can't remember now, but the inspiration was from another poster on this thread. Its parked on a rolling platform so I can roll it out to the patio for our annual Oktoberfest!

k0021-67437.jpg

img_0192-67438.jpg

img_0735-64871.jpg

img_0728-64864.jpg

img_0727-64863.jpg

Here's my coffin style build that I put together a couple of years ago. I can't remember now, but the inspiration was from another poster on this thread. Its parked on a rolling platform so I can roll it out to the patio for our annual Oktoberfest!

k0021-67437.jpg

img_0192-67438.jpg

img_0735-64871.jpg

img_0728-64864.jpg

img_0727-64863.jpg

That looks fantastic!
I took Monday off and put in 30 hrs on mine this weekend. All I have to do is poly the wood and seal the tile! For now it must dry! View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1469555288.388861.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1469555301.853996.jpg
I have pics of the entire build on Instagram Strong_brews

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Yesfan! Sorry for not seeing and responding sooner.

No build thread, but these are a couple of pictures that give an idea how we did the collar to offset the taps and build the storage area below.

View attachment 363525

View attachment 363526

View attachment 363527

View attachment 363528

eta: Just for clarity, not an original idea/design. We saw something like it somewhere (possibly this thread?) here on HBT.

Cheers!

Do you have any pics of it finished with faucets?. Really like the cart and being able to have the tanks in it.

Good idea using the PVC! If I was to do a collar style build I'd definitely steal that idea. What was the cost difference between PVC and wood?

I'm building a 4 tap kegerator. All is set and beer is almost ready. Going to force carbonate a Belgian stout and a red ale. Here are the photos. Will hold 6 corny kegs.

image.jpg

I hope that front clip was beyond repair before the conversion. That might have been a slick looking restore.

I love beers and of course Jeeps (had two TJs and now have a KJ and WJ) and say that is a slick looking kegerator!

I hope that front clip was beyond repair before the conversion. That might have been a slick looking restore.

I love beers and of course Jeeps (had two TJs and now have a KJ and WJ) and say that is a slick looking kegerator!

What you see is what I pulled out of the field.

I have a jk that I wheel on the weekends.

I don't think the upload function is working consistently here, I uploaded or tried to upload 5 photos twice now. Only got any to show up here by uploading one at a time.

I used PVC lumber from Home Depot for my collar, and it insulates extremely well and worked out terrificly, matching the appliance white and being easy to machine. Unlike Plumbing PVC, you can't use the PVC cement, so finding the material too porous after a miter cut, it worked much better to just merely screw them together with a little bit of caulking for additional airtight seal. I also put the caulk around the perimeter of the collar.

This Insignia chest freezer is approximately 7.2 cubic feet I think, and I got it on sale from Best Buy for around $180. It perfectly holds three five gallon Cornelius kegs on the main floor, CO2 tank and a shorter 2.5 gallon Cornelius Keg on the Shelf. It was almost as if this freezer was designed for a home Brewer.

The PVC does have a somewhat porous surface on the cut sides, making it prone to getting dirty on top so I think I will clean that with bleach and try to find some kind of coating material to make it more dirt repellent. I bought the preassembled tap and fluid line ball lock connection for each of the three taps, and also my manifold distributor was purchased with three gas lines and ball lock connectors. The first manifold I bought headless oetiker clamps on at least two of the three taps making it leak terribly, so I had to send it back.

1471455475747-1671284087.jpg

1471455550055358705431.jpg

1471455574812540587444.jpg

1471455629630-968781597.jpg

Last edited:
Back