What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rev, anyone on this forum feels as if he knows you. I do, though we've never traded a message. I know I speak for many who won't say it. We are thinking about you.

Drinking Montegioco Birra Artigianale Draco. Quite delicious and packs a serious punch. A fine liquid.

Drinking Montegioco Birra Artigianale Draco. Quite delicious and packs a serious punch. A fine liquid.

Boulevard Brewing's Long Strange Tripel...WOW :mug:

Pours a lovely orangey brassy golden color with a large fluffy white head that dissipates to a thin but stable layer that is maintained by generous carbonation. Perfect balance of sweet and bitter, spiciness from the yeast is distinctly Belgian but not overpowering at all. The phenols and esters find harmonious tension in a very complex brew. Each sip brings new aromas and flavors as it warms from the mid 30's to room temp. Green apple and pear with a touch of subtle sweet sulphur. Very dry, the carbonation dances in your mouth.

I wholeheartedly agree with Beer Advocates A rating and will most definitely savor this again.

Now comes the imortant question...anyone got a recipe? :D

Spire dark cider, following a blood orange margarita, proceeding a bomber of hoptimum which will roll in to a night of trillium absinthe until i cant get out of my chair to get more... twas a rough day at work.

Right this second....water, but earlier tonight it was SNPA, Homebrew Coffee Porter, Homebrew Stout, Arrogant Basrtard and we finished with Hoptimum. Even though I'm down 5 bucks from shooting Pool, It was a great night.:mug:

Ohhh my dive bar down the street has Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat on tap now. I almost had a cow when I saw that. I need to go have another pint.

FTR I'm not drinking anything right now:D

Corona Light. Double Limes. After that I might just grab a few Natty Lights while enjoying Jersey Shore Thursday!

I love the complexity that beer can have and as much as I like analyzing the depth of flavor, I still like to drink piss water more than occasionally. Although, I am guessing at this but I would think that a lot of people are this way.

I am eagerly awaiting the the Vanilla Java Porter clone that is sitting quietly in the other room though!

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid....Mmmmmmmm....Hops.....this could probably be marketed as a solution to tartar control....I LOVE it :rockin:

Poured from a 22 oz. bomber. Gorgeous golden pour with a thick white rocky head that dissipates to a persistent layer that laces the glass as this marvelous concoction disappears from the glass.

Piney aroma assaults the olfactory system with hoppy goodness. Clocking in at over 100 IBU the hops are obviously up front and in your face (palate) but there is a solid malt backbone to support the fantastically excessive hop character. Piney and resinous, with a similar bitterness to biting into the rind of a tangelo. Hard to tell where the pine ends and the citrus begins, but loving every sip I take trying to find the boundary!

The finish is bitter but not excessively so for a true hop head. Very clean, any esters are totally hidden by the hops and malt sweetness.

An excellent example of an Imperial IPA done with good ole American swagger that is almost too drinkable...went down fast enoughy you can easily outdrink the ABV so be careful and pace yourself :mug:

Pliny baby....lots of Pliny

might be slightly ironic (you guys don't know me yet, i'm a gin drinker - yeah, a still is in the works) but i RARELY drink beer unless its homebrew or local... i brewed for years and then got divorced and stopped (why?) but i'm doing it again but when i do drink other people's beer, it is either homebrew, healdsburg racer 5, lagunitas ipa (and brown shugga) and RRB pliny/damnation... although these days i've been drinking nothing but pliny the younger (about a one minute walk from my work)...

looking for a good example of a hopped-up tripel (my next brew) so if'n ya'll have recommendations, let 'me rip.

Back