111 O-rings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samc

Reaction score
Picked up a few new (OLD) Corny kegs and noticed that the O-rings on the posts were a slight bit fatter (& green) than all the other O-rings I have seen and bought. Are they different than the 111's or just the manufacturing tolerances that you see in the specs?

Looks like they provide a better seal and if they did not smell of Root Beer I would leave them on.

Probably thicker od. I've seen the same on some kegs. I have not looked very hard for them but I would like to switch all the gas or liquid to a different color to make it easy to identify the posts at a glance.

Oring part 9452K339 at mcmaster.com is the next o ring thickness with same ID

I've tried #112 on my pinlocks because the 111 had to stretch a little which reduced the overall OD. Most of them sealed but I didn't like that tweaking the connector a bit would sometimes cause a hiss of CO2. The 112 fits a tiny bit loose on the post but seals well when the disconnect goes on. My other alternative that I like better is #111 silicone rings. They stay softer when it gets cold and I've had no problems at all.

Back