Beersmith mobile query

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eccipoo

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering can someone clear something up for me. I'm doing my first all grain probably next weekend, and I finally dialled in my numbers and recipe.

I'll be batch sparging, and I'm fine with the mash volume and temp. 13.43L of water @ 75.7 degrees will give me my desired mash temp of 68.9. That's all good

But there's nowhere on the profile to tell me how much I need and at what temp to batch sparge. I know at the top of the profile it says sparge temp is 75.6 degrees but not much else

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-01-10-02-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-01-10-02-10.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 123
Speaking of the mobile app: I have yet to find a way in the BS mobile app to adjust the MLT and grain temperatures so the strike water temperature is correct. I have to take the readings then use my PC with the full BS to set the temps, update the strike temp, upload to the cloud, then pull the recipe to my tablet.

It's definitely possible I'm missing something obvious. Hints?

Cheers!

Speaking of the mobile app: I have yet to find a way in the BS mobile app to adjust the MLT and grain temperatures so the strike water temperature is correct. I have to take the readings then use my PC with the full BS to set the temps, update the strike temp, upload to the cloud, then pull the recipe to my tablet.

It's definitely possible I'm missing something obvious. Hints?

Cheers!

When you are editing your recipe, click on the cog next to your equipment profile. You can change the specific heat of your equipment and change other settings there. Topic: Equipment profile change to "specific heat" not changing strike temp - BeerSmith's Website.

You can change the grain temperature, MLT temp, grain ratio, etc when you click the cog next to your mash profile.

When you are editing your recipe, click on the cog next to your equipment profile. You can change the specific heat of your equipment and change other settings there. Topic: Equipment profile change to "specific heat" not changing strike temp - BeerSmith's Website.

Good to know, but that's definitely not what I want to change on a Brew Day.

You can change the grain temperature, MLT temp, grain ratio, etc when you click the cog next to your mash profile.

Now you're talking :) That's totally on target, and thanks for that. :mug:

Didn't think to look at a "Profile" to modify for a brew session as I've treated those as boilerplate not to be edited.
But now I realize (after a couple of years) that the "Mash" section of a Recipe is indeed a "profile", just not the original...

Cheers!

Back