Spring Heat Spiced Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King of the Swill

Reaction score
Ok, I went thru the Budweiser Tour last week in St. Louis (again) just because we were in town. I do not like Bud or any of their beers, but I love to see the operations. After the tour, I tasted some of their Spring Heat Spiced Wheat (logo is of an Orange Man). I hate to admit that I thought it was really good. Anyone else tried this? I had never seen it before but I believe they said it was out last year for spring as well.

I live in St. Louis and have noticed that logo more and more on the taps at local pubs. I didn't know it was an AB product...probably by design.

I might have to go for a pint after work.

I saw it out here in Hawaii. Debated buying it, but thought the name seemed kind of (for lack of a better word), gay for a beer. If a couple more people say it's good, I might give it a shot.

SWMBO bought me a sixer of it cuz I love me some wheat beer..... I thought it was good. I would buy it again. It is pricey being a bud product. Have seen it on tap but didn't try it. Would probably be better on tap than in the botle.

Had my first out of a bottle last night and, I must say, I've had much better Belgian style wit-beers w/ Orange and Corriander than that offering. I think they overdid the citrus additions by adding lemon and lime to the mix on top of the bitter/sweet orange... Actually my first impression was wheat-beer with a bit of pledge mixed in. I can easily name off 10+ beers made in this style that I'd prefer to drink over this AB product.

A for effort into delving into something different from their macroswill, but C- for actual taste of this product.

I bought a sixr last week.

Wasn't bad. It's AB's attempt to compete against the Blue Moon (Coors product).

It was more lemony and a bit more...I don't know...sweet?

Not bad, but it was obvious they're chasing the Blue Moon market that is apparently on fire right now.

My g/f bought a sixer of this the other day and I didnt realize it was AB until I drank the first one. I thought it was pretty good and will probably pick some more up in time.

It was tasty on a hot sunny day.

I do prefer the Belgian Wit that I brewed last month, but I did think the Bud version was a nice attempt. The Spring Heat Spiced Heat did taste pretty good on-tap with a squeeze of fresh orange.

Back