Making room for tower extension

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonyluv

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a two tap tower (from beverage factory) using the chalkboard tap handles and looking at adding a third tap (because you can't have too many kinds of beer on tap) using a tower extender (like this http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/draft-tower-extension-2-to-3-faucet-conversion.html).
The problem is that given the current spacing, I don't think there's enough room to hold a glass to the third tap. I was thinking of adding the extender on a 90 degree side angle and looking for a fitting to still the faucet face forward but wondering if there is a more elegant solution that doesn't require me to scrap the current tower and buy a new one.

Any ideas?

Thx

Spoony

Depending on your situation you could use one of these (see link below) in between and slightly lower than the other two faucets. I just installed one of these on a 3" tower for a second faucet. Again it will depend on your situation (diameter of the tower, and the degrees separating the existing faucets mostly).

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-pid-BE-SK2LA.html

I have one of those chalkboard tap handles as well (Tap Boards, right?) and I could see where they wouldn't leave much room for three faucets if you wanted to use them for all three. Considered a plain Jane pull for the third one?

"a fitting to still the faucet face forward"
Do you mean you'd like to mount the faucet towards the side of the kegerator but have the faucet face the front, like an "elbow faucet"? That sounds like crazy talk. :drunk:

Depending on your situation you could use one of these (see link below) in between and slightly lower than the other two faucets. I just installed one of these on a 3" tower for a second faucet. Again it will depend on your situation (diameter of the tower, and the degrees separating the existing faucets mostly).

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-pid-BE-SK2LA.html

The extension kit from Northern Brewer (see link in OP) has a similar shank setup and the lines in the tower are narrow enough that I think I'm ok inside (may need to add a tower cooling kit). I'm more worried about space outside.

I have one of those chalkboard tap handles as well (Tap Boards, right?) and I could see where they wouldn't leave much room for three faucets if you wanted to use them for all three. Considered a plain Jane pull for the third one?

Do you mean you'd like to mount the faucet towards the side of the kegerator but have the faucet face the front, like an "elbow faucet"? That sounds like crazy talk. :drunk:

That's exactly what I mean! Other than cooling issues, why can't there be a fitting between the shank and faucet? I know its crazy, but that's the best starting place for a cool solution!

Back