All Grain in a tiny kitchen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumo

Reaction score
Hello,

A lot of brewers that I know do a lot of extract brewing. The main reason for not switching to all grain is the lack of access to a yard or backyard burner. I currently brew 8 gallon boils on the stove top. Here is a few pics of my setup. I forgot to snap a pic of the sparge.

I basicly use a 7 gallon aluminum pot to catch the run off. I use the 4 gallon pot to catch the over flow. The main pot on the stove is a eurotank from austin home brew supply. Fit's nice one two burners, and gets a great boil going. I use that as a HLT till the mashing is done. I sparge with the cooler on the counter top.

I pour the wort into the Euro tank for the boil. I use the march pump to help move the liquid around and for chilling. Once I am done. I clean up and all equipment fits in the euro tank and mashtun for easy storage.

Nothing fancy, easy peasy.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Albert DiGeso's Photos | Facebook
Login | Facebook
Login | Facebook

Nice set up! You have really maxed out your accomodations and have done a nice job. Nice kettle and CFC also. And a March pump to boot! Just goes to show you don't need five acres to do all-grain.

Thats correct. I get a nice boil out of that pot. I have a cheap stove too, the burners are really small.

I would kill myself if I did my brewing inside. I am far too messy. Where do you grind your grain? You have really organized your process, looks great.

I use a Barley Crusher with a 7.5lb hopper. I scored it for 60 bucks used. I grind into my old bottling bucket. I bought 350lbs of grain and 5 lbs of hops on my clubs bulk grain buy. I keep it all in a small closet. I honestly don't know if there is a difference in terms of efficiency (nor do I care), but I prefer to grind just as I mash. Something about the smell of fresh cracked grains hitting the water in the mashtun. I love that smell.

You know its funny you say your messy when you brew. I used to be. I weigh over 400lbs. So take that space and put me in it with the equipment. After a few serious clean up jobs and the wife flipping out I learned to contain it. Now she doesn't care that I brew. She knows I don't make a mess and she gets to order take out instead of cooking. ;)

Back