Predictions on my Bee Cave Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubberband

Reaction score
So I brewed up a Bee Cave Porter today and did not have any Crystal 40. I substitued a 1/2 lb of Crystal 80 and 1/2 lb of Pale Ale malt to make up for my inventory gaff.

I was not about to stop this morning and I am sure the end product will be very drinkable. I just flat screwed up, I thought I had a packet of each C80 and C40 which turned out to be to 1 lb packs of C80. Damn Beersmith anyway, it should know my inventory better. Now I need to check everything before the next batch.:tank:

I predict it will get you drunk! (Should be just fine)

Yes indeed, I believe it will. Porter is a wonderful beer and very hard to screw up. I have never had some say, you porter is too cloudy or it is too strong. I am hoping to get a little extra body out of the C80 but there won't be too much difference in there.

Brewed this before and always liked it. I don't know if the 1 oz of Roast Barley is necessary but hey, EdWort knows what he's doing right.:p

Good news, NOTTY is BACK! The porter is the first time I have used Nottingham since the quality fiasco and I am happy to say the beer is bubbling vigorously this morning. 16 hours into the fermentation and there is a nice bulge on the bucket lid, this thing is really going strong.:mug:

Back