Still Bubbling....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwlodyka

Reaction score
I brewed a Pale Ale 10 days ago and the airlock is still bubbling every 3 seconds and has been doing such for about 6 days. It never really took off but peaked at about a bubble every 1-2 seconds for about 24 hours. I used White Labs California Ale Yeast 001 with an OG of 1.047.

I was going to rack to a secondary for dry hopping and conditioning. Should I wait until bubbling ceases completely? I plan on racking to a 5 galllon glass carboy. I wasn't expecting the it to continue to ferment this long....

I brewed a Pale Ale 10 days ago and the airlock is still bubbling every 3 seconds and has been doing such for about 6 days. It never really took off but peaked at about a bubble every 1-2 seconds for about 24 hours. I used White Labs California Ale Yeast 001 with an OG of 1.047.

I was going to rack to a secondary for dry hopping and conditioning. Should I wait until bubbling ceases completely? I plan on racking to a 5 galllon glass carboy. I wasn't expecting the it to continue to ferment this long....

Lots of people rely on these bubbles too much. I would open it up and check the gravity. Do the same in a few days. If it's done, and extra few days won't hurt it. What temps have you been fermenting at? If you've been fermenting at lower temps, it will take the yeast longer to do their thing.

Can someone send me a link for the gravity adjustment chart for temps? Thought I had it bookmarked but I don't. Thanks.

Back