Welcome to my weather!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Spring continues. Last Tuesday, we were 6F below the record high for April; Thursday, 3F above the record low. Friday, the prediction was sunshine for the rest of the month. Today? Cloudy and rain, for the rest of the month and into May.

Although it's been overcast and drizzly most of the month, we've had less than 1/4 the normal rainfall. It's tough to remember to check the hop garden for moisture with all this drizzle, but this has been one of the driest years in decades.

At least I have a nice pile of firewood and even more to split.

Trade ya'.

I am none too concerned about moisture as my hop garden is a raised bed of well draining soils. My issues are with the winds. We had 70mph gusts last night and have had steady winds from 15 to 35mph.

Much of the more mature growth that I saved from the last late frost has been obliterated by constant winds. I have lost count of how many bines have been blown loose of their spiral and snapped off.

We've had 1" of rain so far this year. Everything is brown if not watered and the fire season has just started. I-75 has been closed for a week due to a 10,000 acre fire and there is no rain in site.

According to the weatherman we are desert like dry right now with a drought index over 600 (which means the top 24" of soil will accept 6+" of rain before becoming saturated)

Back