Temp Controller Advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I am trying to find a temp controller for my kegerator project and was searching for a deal off ebay. Can anyone reccomend a few models to look for that would work?

Thanks!

I got mine off eBay. It is a Johnson Controls A419ABC-1 which is digital and has a good array of settings you can tweak to your liking. The major thing you should consider with that unit is that you will need to do some cutting and splicing with the wires on the fridge/freezer. It wasn't anything major, and there are decent instructions with the temp controller, but some people will not want to fool with the wiring. If you aren't confident with doing 120VAC electrical work, I would look for one of the models that you simply plug in-line with the fridge/freezer's plug. I know the same Johnson Controls unit is available for more money in a "plug and play" configuration. The one I got was under $60.

Back